Author Topic: Bar End Mirrors from eBay  (Read 10912 times)

Offline 1993gsf400

• TURBO TYPER!
Bar End Mirrors from eBay
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:56:27 AM »
I bought a pair of bar end mirrors and they are terrible!!

You can check them out on eBay Item number: 310065900520. This style of mirror is great however the bar ends do not tighten enough against the bars. You can remove the bar end and clamp them against the bars but forget the bar ends! I almost lost the mirror once I thought I had tight enough.

You are better off paying more for a nicer pair. Something about "you get what you pay for..." ran across my mind as I grabbed the mirror right before it almost fell as I was riding down the highway.

If you are considering buying  pair like these DON'T, get mirrors with a better bar end!!

Tony

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Bar End Mirrors from eBay
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:26:19 AM »
Odd i use these as well and don't have your problem, they are not nearly as nice as my pre crash rizoma mirrors, but i found i could get them tight by using the 1" bar insert rather than the one we're supposed to use. Also one of the mirror glass pieces did become loose and started rotating in the mount with vibration so it needed a bit of silicone caulking on the back and it's good as new. You do certainly get what you paid for...but my NICE rizoma mirrors ran $140 EACH
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:59:59 AM »
I have a similar pair of those mirrors that I bought at Cycle Gear and love them.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 12:09:29 AM »
I have a similar pair of those mirrors that I bought at Cycle Gear and love them.

+1 :grin:
02 1200 Fighter
Do chickens fly? Yea and a Hell of a lot faster than reindeer!!!!

Offline inspecto

• New user!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 06:33:20 PM »

+ 2