Author Topic: Bandit running better, update and pics!  (Read 1837 times)

Offline onenicebandit

• TURBO TYPER!
Bandit running better, update and pics!
« on: August 06, 2006, 10:53:07 AM »
I've been running the 4 around for the last couple of days.  Put about 170 miles on it in two days time, it seems to run pretty good but I still can't get it to idle correctly, and it starts hard, almost reluctantly.  It's idling at 3800 and doesn't go down at all now, not even when I adjust the idle screw.  I'm sure this doesn't help performance, but once it gets running, it runs great.  I think that the carbs just need balanced.  I just have to get a balancer/syncher.  Well, i just tried to put pics in and I don't really know how to.  Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how to put them on here, or do I need and img tag.  Also, I'm interested in some cargo/hard bags for my bike and perhaps a backrest for my girl.  Can anyone give me a couple of ideas for that.  [/img]
06 KTM 250 SXF <My>
92 Bandit 400 <Runs>

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Bandit running better, update and pics!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:20:42 AM »
Glad you're getting her sorted out.   :beers:

Your idle sounds like your a/f screws are wacky (technical term).  I'd screw them in til they stop, back them out 2.5 turns and see how it runs.  when you screw them in, note how far out they were.  That might be interesting.  Another thing to check - look at the brass tube on the far right (rider's right) of the carbs.  They're fragile and prone to getting bumped.  A synch will undoubtedly help.  

Pics - you can't upload pics to this board.  They have to be hosted somewhere that's share-friendly, like photobucket.com.  Then, put the URL of the pic (not the page the pic is on but it's actual url) and then put the image tags on it.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7