Author Topic: CARB HELP NEEDED PLEASE  (Read 3919 times)

Offline bmwalfaone

• TURBO TYPER!
CARB HELP NEEDED PLEASE
« on: November 27, 2007, 10:59:36 PM »
My '93 Bandit 400 leaks fuel. The fuel accumulates on the bottom of the float bowl on the right carb when the bike is parked on the center stand. I removed the carbs and it appears that the leak is coming from thr rubber seals on the plastic tee fitting that supplies the fuel to the carbs from the petcock. The seals look like they have taken a compression set with time. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, I have read some of the other carb threads and it seems that everyone that is having issues with carbs recommends replacing some o rings. Which o rings are being replaced? As long as I have the carbs off I might as well do the whole deal. The bike has 13,000 miles on it and it seems to run OK but the exhaust pipe is pretty black (rich running?). Also, the petcock seems to pass a little fuel when the fuel line is removed. Is there a fix for the vacuum valve or should it just be replaced? I am certainly open to any recommendations. Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: CARB HELP NEEDED PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 11:26:48 PM »
Replace all the rings - at a minimum the ones on the floats.  There's no fix for the fuel valve - it'll need to be replaced.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 09:55:42 AM »
I posted a while ago i think i found a rebuild kit for the fuel valve and I sell complete carb kits , I would make for absolute sure that the "T" is leaking and not the float bowl gasket as the t is a major job but the orings for the "t" can be found at any hardware store
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 12:42:37 PM »
No they cant jay the tee has special little rubber seal thing like a bit of tube but with a cap over then end with a hole in.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 01:39:27 PM »
special little rubber seal thing like a bit of tube but with a cap over then end with a hole in.

:duh: :stickpoke:I don't quite get what your getting at there bub? :clubme:
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 01:41:34 PM »
He means the joint between the individual carbs. They dont have o rings sealing them they have like what ive described sealing them. Only place i found them was from suzuki themselves.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »
got a picture

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »
Are we talking the "T" that the fuel line hooks to at the carb

Offline bmwalfaone

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 05:13:25 PM »
Yes, We are talking about the t that supplies the fuel to the carbs. It is sealed with some little rubber sleeves and I don't think that o rings will do in this position.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 11:05:40 PM »
Yes, We are talking about the t that supplies the fuel to the carbs. It is sealed with some little rubber sleeves and I don't think that o rings will do in this position.
So you have taken it apart? I ask because i would really like to see a picture ( a picture says a thousand words )

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 11:10:29 PM »
Never mind looked it up on Bike Bandit and your right im wrong :shock:, but hey at $2.52 I would replace them all :stickpoke:

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 03:55:23 AM »
I wouldve got a picture but there 200 miles away. Yeah ive had the whole bank of carbs apart and would do it again without a care in the world. You just have to be careful not to lose the springs and to keep all parts seperate.