Author Topic: Accel Super Coils  (Read 9203 times)

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« on: September 22, 2005, 10:22:05 PM »
There's a guy selling accel super coils (used but supposedly good) for $100 for the B400. OK, I'm ignorant....what will these do for me and is that a decent price? Thanks.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:17:55 PM »
they are better than stock , where you at ? i can get them new for you around 130.00 I run nology pro fire coils but if i didnt get those i wouldve bought accels! :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 12:19:13 AM »
Jay, new coils would be sweet. I might put in a request at some point during the winter.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 02:02:11 PM »
Jay,
Is that the Accel super coil kit - part number 140404? or...? Thanks.

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 02:04:54 PM »
Quote from: "interfuse"
Jay, new coils would be sweet. I might put in a request at some point during the winter.

Likewise! Coils are something I've wanted to put on the bike since day 1, mine are looking a bit ratty and I really think #2 is getting weak.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 08:54:01 PM »
140403  accell $130.00 brand new plus shipping , im outta here gon racing be back mondayyo!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 12:13:57 AM »
Jay,
Guess I'm confused but I thought that we had a capacative discharge ignition (CDI)....not points or electronically triggered ignitions???
I will readily admit limited knowledge....

Good luck on your races! Kick their non-Bandit butts :winner:

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 12:40:19 AM »
Quote from: "jcmjrt"
Jay,
Guess I'm confused but I thought that we had a capacative discharge ignition (CDI)....not points or electronically triggered ignitions???
I will readily admit limited knowledge....

Nope, they are electronically triggered. There is a magnetic pickup that sends a signal to the ECU (or black box) much like in modern cars. There was a thread in another part of the forum where a member used thed CDI coils and burned out his ECU.

Lots of people call the Black Box a CDI unit, but it's actually more of an ECU or Spark Control Computer.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 11:00:54 AM »
Thanks. I learn something new every day.

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 12:59:01 AM »
FYI, Suzuki's term for the black box is simply the "Ignitor Unit."  Here's their description of the Ignition System (Digital Ignitor):

"The fully transistorized ignition system consists of a signal generator, ignitor unit (including 8-BIT MICROCOMPUTER and CERAMIC 4MHZ VIBRATOR), ignition coils and spark plugs.  The characteristic of the ingnition timing is programmed and stored in the "ROM" (READ ONLY MEMORY) of the ignitor unit.  The signal genarator comprises the rotor tips and pickup coil.
The signal generator is mounted at the starter clutch.  The induced signal in the signal generator is sent to wave-form arrangement circuit, and CPU receives this signal and calculates the best ignition timing from the signal of ceramic vibfrator and data stored in the ROM.  The CPU outputs signal to the transistor of the I.G. coil output circuit which is connected to the primary windings of the ignition coil which is turned OFF and ON accordingly, thus it induces the secondary current on the ignition coil secondary windings and produce the spark between spark plug gaps.
Ignition cut-off circuit is incorporated in the ignitor unit to prevent over-running engine.  If engine r/min. reaches 13,500 r/min., this ciruit cuts off the ignition primary current for all spark plugs."

And there you have it.   :grin:

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 02:40:14 PM »
A little offtopic... but at which RPM does the rev limiter kick in on a B4 ?

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 04:32:02 PM »
@ 13,500 RPM

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 05:09:24 PM »
Are you sure? I've been up to 15500 and it didn't kick in. The red starts at 14K on my bike.

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 08:46:18 PM »
The Euro and US models are a little different...and the later models of Bandit. We only got them in the US for three years starting '90. Chenrezi a new member from Europe was just posting about his Euro bike and talking about some bikes not redlining until 16K.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Accel Super Coils
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 06:06:19 PM »
I read it... so I suppose I am the one to find out? I've seen a B4 engine with the conrod of cylinder #1 sticking out of the case :shock: