Author Topic: Anyone looking for something strange post up!!!  (Read 4397 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Anyone looking for something strange post up!!!
« on: October 08, 2006, 12:52:26 AM »
If you are looking for anything strange like 33mm carbs gsxr400 cam shafts stock length bandit shocks with resivoir and adjustments bolt on front ends , full exhaust systems, clipons, top clamps. a 2002  750 swingarm that fits on the b4. let me know i will see what i can do and how much money you are looking at.
cheers
Jay
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:45:06 AM »
Racer, what would entail mounting the GSX-R arm to the B4? I would only assume the linkage along with the shock would be different. Let me know, i might be interested...

Regards,

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 10:33:52 AM »
Hey Jay,

How about frame sliders that would go on without too much BS (A'la no need for a lathe).

Shame those carbon covers are so bloody expensive!

-Randy

Offline NateFaris

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 12:39:09 PM »
I actually have free access to a lathe and milling machine if you guys knew what needed to be done to whatever frame sliders. I'd kill to have some on my bandit and wouldn't mind machining some more if I had time.

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:52:49 PM »
Quote from: NateFaris
I actually have free access to a lathe and milling machine if you guys knew what needed to be done to whatever frame sliders. I'd kill to have some on my bandit and wouldn't mind machining some more if I had time.

Well, if we could get some measurements together, could you machine them from Delrin stock? I can't possibly imagine they would be difficult to design for the ever so simple B4.

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 04:44:30 PM »
Frame sliders, and possibly some swingarm sliders

gsxr400racer - I'm on the lookout for a set of headers for a twin exhaust setup (the '88-'89 gk73 type), and the oil pan/sump to go with it. Doable?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 11:10:06 PM »
Quote from: NateFaris

I use plan old gsxr ones that you buy off ebay all day long cheap! and if the bolts dont work  your local nut and bolt place could help  :beers:
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 11:12:05 PM »
Quote from: El Dopa

gsxr400racer - I'm on the lookout for a set of headers for a twin exhaust setup (the '88-'89 gk73 type), and the oil pan/sump to go with it. Doable?
the pipe i can find right now the oil pan and sump that is the hard one right now!

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 09:02:02 AM »
Damn - from the Subject, I was expecting this thread to be about midgets or whips and chains or something!   :monkeymoon:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 10:08:55 AM »
I'm willing to provide the dimension for the recess in the frame for sliders. Have calipers, will travel.

Jay, I know you use a GSXR frame, but will those same generic sliders work for the trellis'd Bandit jobbie?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 12:31:25 PM »
Quote from: tomacGTi

Jay, I know you use a GSXR frame, but will those same generic sliders work for the trellis'd Bandit jobbie?

I have the same reses in my frame as the b4 what i did was looked in my tool box in the spare bolt bin(every mechanic has one) and found some spacers fat dowl pins and just used those to cover the gap and by doing so when you crash the slider folds in and bends the bolt and does what it is supposed to by not harming the frame and that was at 60+ mph you could use a fat nut too.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »
Quote from: El Dopa

I can get you these for $400.00 shipped to your door

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 04:17:10 PM »
Quote from: gsxr400 racer

I can get you these for $400.00 shipped to your door

Oh, that's very, very tempting.

Let me check the exchange rate, bank balance, state of wife's mind and a couple of other things, and i'll get back to you.

Would you do the headers separately?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 04:27:35 PM »
whole system would have to go as im just locating the parts for people and they are not mine. I would take care of all the searching and bidding and shipping and whatever else is required to get them to you!
cheers
Jay

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »
What are the details of the donor parts? That is, what bike are the cans and headers from? Will the headers bolt straight on to a '93 400v?