Author Topic: anyone racing good tire deal  (Read 8633 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Garyola

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.mulcahey.com
Re: anyone racing good tire deal
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »
 :thanks:  Good deal but I run Dunlop.

Offline kako

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 12:28:29 AM »
would you have to run a pilot race for the rear? is any one thinking about getting these? i was kinda interested in getting them, but i dont know if i want 4... also is a gsxr rim the same size as the bandits? i did some reading and i think it is.. just asking to make sure. also the tire one my bike now is a 120/60.. so the last owner just used that tire because its a more popular size?
Kev
GSXR 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 11:31:15 AM »
would you have to run a pilot race for the rear? is any one thinking about getting these? i was kinda interested in getting them, but i dont know if i want 4... also is a gsxr rim the same size as the bandits? i did some reading and i think it is.. just asking to make sure. also the tire one my bike now is a 120/60.. so the last owner just used that tire because its a more popular size?

Id match the tires, easy enough to find popular sv tire, and id buy used sv rears off race bikes and have good front rubber if i was just a street rider. gsxr rim if stock 73 same as B4, 3.0" rim takes the 110. Yes i would say that is what he did. Im not buying cause i have a bigger rim and a stack of rubber that i may not use this year.
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 07:11:10 PM »
I'd be interested in one,.. but probably no more than that.  I have a front sitting in the shed for Dita right now that's un-used.  A dunlop if I recall, picked up cheap at the Scona Garage sale.

However,... let me ask my dad,.. I can't recall what size his CBR600F1 takes, it seems to me he was trying to pawn off one of his tires on Dita at one time....

If I would take one or two off you the next time you came through Edmonton, would that help?

Previous owner might have gotten the 120 because he had more selection with that size...
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline kako

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 02:01:15 AM »
hmmm dont know how many racing sv's there are around here.. also they don't make these tires anymore... so i think real matching would be real hard. i was thinking to match with a pilot power. but i will call michelin tomorrow see what they say.. but doubt they will be any help.
Kev
GSXR 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »
piot powers piot race same same run them just run all mich.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 03:00:33 PM »
piot powers piot race same same run them just run all mich.

Ahem,.. Huh??

Anyone got a Jay translator?  :wink:
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 03:10:10 PM »
lol Pilot power pilot race same same damn near would never now a differnece on such a small bike even better that the race one is in the front.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 03:12:13 PM »
Small bike or not, the difference between the Pilot Power and the 2CT version is very noticable :grin: Except for the BT45 tires that were on the bike when I bought it, I've only ridden Pilot Power and Pilot Power 2CT, these tires have never ever let me down. Although I am eager to try the new Bridgestone BT-016 when it comes out.  I've read the BT-016 front tire has 3 different compounds and the rear tire has 5. I'm hoping these will give more feedback during a slide than the Pilot Powers.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 03:14:18 PM »
 :motorsmile:

Offline kako

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 04:05:35 PM »
well.. i got them, i kinda dont think they will give more feed back from the reading i have been doing on these tires. it says they need to be warmed up. but that goes for all tires i guess, but more important for racing ones like these. but i do hope to go racing this summer tho. but i am kinda intimidated to, and lack experience of driving a motorcycle, but very experienced on a bike, and a very quick learner. hope full i can use a couple of those tires this summer, i plan on doing a lot of riding. 
Kev
GSXR 400

Offline Garyola

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.mulcahey.com
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 05:43:46 PM »
but i do hope to go racing this summer tho. but i am kinda intimidated to, and lack experience of driving a motorcycle

You should be a little intimidated. That is until you try it. :motorsmile:
If you want to go racing, learn to ride on the track 1st. You can take the Fast Riding school at Shannonville or the Turn2 guys put on a good school also. It's not necessary but it will cut down on your chances of making heart breaking mistakes at the track. By heartbreaking I mean picking up your shiny bike in bits on some turn at Mosport or Calabogie. And make no mistake. If you want to race you will crash. It's not if but when. It's just the nature of the beast. A first good step is having good rubber and you have done that so now go to school.

G

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
And make no mistake. If you want to race you will crash. It's not if but when. It's just the nature of the beast.
G

I second that down twice in 6 years good track record but every time get faster. first was like a water ride slid on the grass real fun second time was at like 80-100 mph 1st turn not fun but i lived and nothing broken thank god for PPG (personal protective gear)

Offline kako

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 03:04:29 AM »
oh i know i am going to crash, i have already come to terms that i will eventually crash on the street. oddly i am more scared to crash on the street then the track, my friends think i am crazy because of this. i know crashing can hurt, i crashed on my pedal bike and broke my wrist so bad i could barely use it for a year. i dont know what class i will run either... as i think there are only.. 5-8 400cc in calgary and e-town, including stormi. and i doubt any of them race.  :sad:   
Kev
GSXR 400