Author Topic: Piston rings from powersport plus.  (Read 2410 times)

Offline t6nis

• Board Homesteader!
Piston rings from powersport plus.
« on: February 25, 2012, 06:21:50 AM »
Hi everybody!

I have a little problem that I cant figure out. I ordered piston rings from powersport plus and they arrived and i got them after paying a ridiculous amount of money to the customs declaration. When I got home and opened the package i got a little confused. There are five piston rings, one of them is the oil ring and 4 others must be the real compression rings. But, here's my question- i know that my bandit has these thin piston rings but the other ones that are in this set are like twice as thick as the thin ones. Are there really two different types of pistons and rings (pictures of the rings http://www.startright.co.uk/images/mini-20091127_0198.JPG )? Btw, just for fun, here's some pics of my bandit -

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:23:29 AM by t6nis »

Offline t6nis

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Piston rings from powersport plus.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 07:31:01 AM »
I think i've figured it out bymyself. the thin ones should be the oil ring upper and lower ones.

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 03:53:34 PM »
Hey t6nis

That's correct. The oil ring is normally a 3 part ring, and that is what your photo shows, a thin top and bottom with a "corrigated" centre. The other two will be the compression rings, and may be different top and bottom.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:43:02 PM »
greetings and  :welcome:  Normally wouldnt but in but if you havnt had alot of xperience with the oil ring configuration. a little note  MAKE SURE THE CORRUGATED FENCE DOENST OVERLAP.  I think the tech. name is the spacer must be butted Good luck and welcome to site.   sandy
Fast? yes I'm fast, like a tortoise

Offline gixxerjasen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:44:33 PM »
Nothing to add but that flat bar looks good on your bike.