Author Topic: Somethings wrong  (Read 5622 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Somethings wrong
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 09:17:25 AM »
back to the topic , First thing is change the plugs ! second when you cleaned your carbs did the floats just fall out? (they should always go in snugg) third coils break down when they are hot to me it sounds like a coil problem or your float orings (if these o-rings are bad your carbs (like a toilet running have no way to shut the fuel off) you need to find someone with a coil load tester. ive seen a fancy one made outta peice of wood and 2 nails i think in the back of a clymer manual once but have never got around to making my own verey helpfull and cheap what it takes is a battery some wire and the 2 nails to make the gap for the load .  as the spark jumps the coil heats up and instead of a constint zaaaaaaaaap you get zaaaaaaaap,-zap-zap-zzzzzzzap !
(well i tried to spell all that right) :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline kabatza

• New user!
Somethings wrong
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 04:38:37 PM »
thanks for the reply. Carbs are in perfect condition and the float o-rings too! Problem does get worse when bike warms up! when warm is nearly impossible to start it. so pobably the coils! I'll try and find a replacement pair!

Offline kabatza

• New user!
Somethings wrong
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 09:01:51 PM »
Strange thing!!  I was reading the posts and i came across the info of the coils that fire each cylinder. left= #1 and #4, right= #2 and #3.  I'sure I've been running mine with left= #1 and #3, right= #2 and #4 for about a year.  As it started running on 2 cylinders recently, I decided to swap them and although it took ages initialy to start, now it runs again in all 4 cylinders. very strange!