Author Topic: My 1st race  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Garyola

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.mulcahey.com
My 1st race
« on: June 28, 2006, 06:38:02 PM »
I raced for the 1st time on the 16-18th of June. I have 3yrs of track days but had never raced before. My little bandit qulifies for the VRRA series we have here, in the Period 4, F3 (lightwieght). I also raced with another team in the 2 hr endurance race the VRRA put on on the Friday the 16th. We had a 3 man team that had 40 minutes of seat time each. I had not riden the bike we raced, until I pulled out of the pits with it as the second rider in the race. It was a little scary at 1st but I got a handle on the GPz550 after a couple of laps and put in some decent lap times. To our total surprize we came in 3rd. In endurance racing it's all about finishing. The fastest guys don't always win. Endurance racing is a race of attrition to a large degree.
On the Saturday and Sunday I raced my B4 in the sprints. I didn't do very well in the qualifying heat. I did some riding in the grass and ended up starting the next day on the second last row. I had a good start on Sunday and was mid pack for the most part until I made another mistake and got passed by a ton of bikes. I ended up finishing 20th in a field of 25. :roll:  What a rookie!  :lol:   I had an absolute blast over the weekend and I can't wait for the next event.

Here is the only pic of have of the bike. It's of my pal Darko (wearing hat) and myself.

Cheers
G

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
My 1st race
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 06:59:02 PM »
Cool! I wish we had races like that over here. Only trackdays :sad: Then again, it's no surprise. Over here it's all about faggoty football instead of motor sports. Most of the old tracks are closed to make room for houses (to house all the immigrants probably :banghead:) and I doubt there will ever be new ones :roll:

Offline Garyola

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.mulcahey.com
My 1st race
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 08:01:05 PM »
Tod,
Maybe it's time you moved from that waterlogged country of yours and moved to North America. :stickpoke:

G

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
My 1st race
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 09:11:05 PM »
Damn, G.  That's fantastic.  Good for you!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7