Author Topic: Hello, I´m new here.  (Read 2474 times)

Offline PCP

• New user!
Hello, I´m new here.
« on: August 17, 2006, 06:01:29 PM »
Hi guys I write from Spain. I´ve been riding for years but quit the road riding a few years back and I just ride my TZ250 on the track from time to time.

I´m seriously considering buying a Bandit 400 for the road, as i don´t need the excitement of a bigger bike and I think the bandit will make a good job as a commuting bike. I also love the sound of the screeming "little" 400 engine  :grin:

But there´s a little problem. I can´t get info on the bike easily here, and I hope you´ll help me solve my doubts.

My main questions are,

What are the weak points of this bike, if any?

What should I inspect carefully when getting a +- 12 year old  second hand GSF 400?

Thanks a lot for your help beforehand.  :wink:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Hello, I´m new here.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:45:07 PM »
cheers mate, your better off to do a search in the 400 or read the f&q section but carbs and other normal thing to me slight electrical gremlins nothing anyother 12+- year bike wouldnt have.
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Hello, I´m new here.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 09:09:27 AM »
:welcome:  Jay pretty much covered it.  Page through the subjects in this forum.  Almost no one has motor problems.  Carbs/fuel delivery and electrics are the usual suspects.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PCP

• New user!
Hello, I´m new here.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 04:51:25 AM »
Hi again!

I´ve found loads of usefull info in the forum but I´m looking for something else. I hope you guys can help me.

Could you please tell me where i can find some magazine´s articles-reviews on the B4. I know Bike, PB, Ride... cover this issues in their pages. If they aren´t on the www,  could you please send me some scanned file?

Thank you very much for your help.  :thanks:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Hello, I´m new here.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 06:01:13 AM »
I don't have time to go get the link for you at the moment but if you go to Thief400's profile here, he's got his own web site.  On it is a scan of at least one mag article.  It seems there's another one on line but I can't think of where ATM.  If I remember, I'll post up.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PCP

• New user!
Hello, I´m new here.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 05:45:42 PM »
Thanks  PitterB4, actually there are 2 articles in his homepage.
They are fine but I still wonder if there are any reviews in british or european magazines available from you lads. I mean comparitive articles, tests or "used bike" stuff.

Cheers :beers: