Author Topic: B4 carb connection questions  (Read 2656 times)

Offline commuterbandit

• New user!
B4 carb connection questions
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:15:04 PM »
Need some help to identify two carb connections on my 92 b4. On the attached picture, label 1, the hose is capped with a bolt. Label 2, the tee is not connected to any hose. Are they supposed to be done that way? Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Re: B4 carb connection questions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:23:10 AM »
-#2 is the breather for the diaphrams. There should be a tube with some corrugated covering that goes up and over the airbox. Should be fine like that though.

-You must have a Cali bike as those look like emissions hoses. I'd consult the manual for those as I don't have them on mine (49 state model). Probably go to a charcoal canister somewhere along the frame. At this point, the canister could have been deleted considering that's one of the first things to go when someone gets a Cali bike.

Offline commuterbandit

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:22:57 PM »
It is a Cali bike. As long as they don't interfere the operation, I'll just leave them like that. Thanks for your  help.

Offline commuterbandit

• New user!
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 03:13:18 AM »
Hey Speedking,

Thanks for uploading the routing diagrams which really help taking the guesswork out. After seeing your diagrams, I went to look for the canister. It is not there! Also, I can see one of the fittings on the tank is also not connected.

I bought the bike recently. It is having hot start problem. I am in the process of disassembling the carbs for cleaning.

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

Offline commuterbandit

• New user!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:24:17 PM »
It shouldn't be a problem without the canister. I just need to make sure the vacuum lines are capped properly. :thanks: