Author Topic: Daytona handlebars on 1991 B4?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline AlanDog

• Board Homesteader!
Daytona handlebars on 1991 B4?
« on: July 04, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
I just got this bike, which came with modified 'flat' bars that require the master cylinder and brake lever to sit cocked up above the bar. I'd like to return it to something close to stock (I also want a more upright position), but I'm worried about all the cables fitting if I buy generic 'Daytona' bars (~ 3" pullback and 5" rise). From photos the Daytonas seem similar to OEM (which are $96 online). Has anyone done this or know of other cheap handlebar replacements that will work with the stock cables and lines? Thanks, Alan

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Daytona handlebars on 1991 B4?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »
Superbike bars. Higher than flat bars, a smidge wider and a bit less grandpa versus stock. A "sporty" replacement.

May have to cut the ends down an inch but these will fit and if you don't like them, you're out $25.

Daytonas are a bit higher and not as sporty in comparison but are probably the closest thing to stock. That being said, you should be able to fit the controls with enough slack in the lines for it to work. That is, unless someone swapped out which I doubt.

Up to you, I prefer a bit lower myself but it's your bike and you decide.