Author Topic: End of an Era  (Read 10234 times)

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 01:09:55 AM »
Well, today was the day guys.  I think I'm gonna be very happy with this SV.  Truth is that I can't ride both bikes.  If I keep the Bandit, it's just gonna collect spider webs, the tires will rot, the fuel system will fill with gunk, brake lines will crack, etc.  I don't have a garage, so there would be no way to keep her truly out of the elements.  I want someone to enjoy this bike.  It deserves to be ridden.  No one has a harder time than me with this decision.  The b4 was my very first bike and a fine one at that.  We've had 10 good years together.  Give me some time to get the PMs sorted out and emails to you all.  I think I'm gonna have to go ebay with some of the parts (tank and yosh) as so many of you have showed interest and I need as much new money for this new bike as I can get.  I want to leave the Sargent seat with the bike when I sell as the yellow piping matches the bike and I feel it's a selling point.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
End of an Era
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 01:26:10 AM »
Stuck with the yellow color scheme, eh?

So, is this TheKillerV  :?:

Looks good!  :bigok:

After 10 years on a B4, you only wanted to step up to a 650 twin? My, what marvelous restraint you have!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 02:05:03 AM »
Yeah, I like Yellow and this way I can keep my yellow/black/graphite Dainese leathers, yellow/black/silver helmet and yellow & black gloves.  As for the restraint, it's more of a restraint of the wallet.  Not only are bigger bikes more expensive to get out the door, but insurance in CA for a 27 y/o male is rediculously expensive.  I was thinking about a 2006 GSXR600, but the increased cost just isn't worth it to me.  Give me 10 more years and I'll go to something even bigger.   :lol:

TheKillerV, I like the sound of that.   :bigok:

Offline Zhi

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 02:51:51 AM »
Yellow, my favorite color after red.  
Congratz!!:beers:
Z

Living and riding in the S.F. Bay Area.

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005, 12:45:47 PM »
Good looking SV. I bet you'll be happy with her.

:motorsmile:  :beers:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
End of an Era
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 12:29:25 AM »
shame to see one of the best looking b4's go ! Nice choice of bike tho , And i hope you understand how hard that was for me to say as im the biggest SV haiter there is! Only cause i have to race against them! cheers bro and good luck with the new bike (now ya gotta find the dual intake cam deal that the sv's run! :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 10:59:17 AM »
I like the bike.  Not the riding position.  I wonder if Helibars would be available for it to sit you up straighter?  Supposed to be a very advanced bike.  And fast.

Ride report ASAP, please!

Offline echomadman

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.echomadman.com
End of an Era
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 12:32:28 PM »
Ditch the stock can asap, these bikes sound great with a race can on.
1990 GSF250 Bandit (currently getting a gsxr400 engine transplant,
2000 SV650S

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2005, 02:10:41 AM »
>>I think I'm gonna have to go ebay with some of the parts (tank and yosh) as so many of you have showed interest and I need as much new money for this new bike as I can get.<<

John, throw me a price on the tank. I need one. My tank is leaking AGAIN.

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2005, 09:09:39 AM »
There are taller Helibars available!

http://www.helibars.com/pics/suzuki/sv650s-03.html

Offline Azvista455

• New user!
End of an Era
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 12:21:45 PM »
I am interested in the bike itself.  We live in Phoenix and have one but my wife is interested in her own.  The link below is a dated picture of the one we do have, as it does not show some recent upgrades or the Katana 600 front end I'm about to install:

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/336944/

Please advise how much you want and where/when it will be for sale.

John

Offline doqq

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 10:50:56 PM »
is that yosh up for sale yet?

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2005, 05:43:05 PM »
Yeah, looks like K-B drop out of site. I can still use a tank. Yo BEE, 'you out there?

Offline arimichael

• Board Regular!
End of an Era
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 01:36:53 AM »
Post up with a price for the bike itself.
And I'm in need of case covers, a hugger, and foot control assemblies myself.

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2005, 02:54:26 AM »
Sorry for dropping out for a bit guys.  I wound up sick for over a week and have been playing some serious catch up at work along with the regular year end craziness.  I've also been out riding the SV.  :grin:   I've already got a Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen, Holeshot fender eliminator and full Yoshimura Stainless Steel TRS exhaust system with carbon canister.  My parents bought me a Dynojet Power Commander for my birthday, but it hasn't arrived yet.  I also bought myself a tail cover for Christmas.   :grin:

Anyway, I just put a bunch of stuff on ebay:  Gas tank, side covers, tail pieces, clutch cover, starter cover, sprocket cover and Vortex clip-ons.  I'll be adding more later (stainless euro exhaust, Aluminum Yosh Cyclone and more miscellaneous parts I keep finding).

Visit this link for my auctions:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZjohnnynova67

I'm promised the Raasks to DP Gasser, so those are sold.

I still haven't decided on a price for the bike itself.  I want to get it running right before selling it (probably a carb clean and valve adjustment will do it).  The bike is in Pasadena, CA and I won't ship unless you do all the arranging.

Here's the SV:

Sound clip of the Yosh:
http://www.geocities.com/john_wertz/SV650S_yosh.wav