Author Topic: End of an Era  (Read 9622 times)

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« on: November 12, 2005, 07:42:41 PM »
Well guys, I thought the day would never come, but after 10+ years of ownership, it looks like me and the ol' Killer B will be parting ways.  I'm an incredibly sentimental person and have loved this bike, but I am so busy in life that I spend all my available time (which isn't much) trying to get the Bandit to run just right so that I can go on a enjoyable ride.  My local dealership is overstocked with '05 SV650S's and I can't pass up the deal.  I'm planning to go seal the deal next week and join the droves of SV650 riders.  This isn't an easy decision, but one I will have to make.  Once the SV is in my driveway, the Killer B goes up for sale.  If any of you locals may be interested, let me know.  I want someone who can appreciate these bikes to take good care of her, not some yayhoo young punk who's going to trash her.  For those of you not familiar with the B, I've got custom sargent seats, yoshimura zyclone full exhaust (sterling silver jet-hot coated) with carbon fiber can, dynojet jet kit, K&N air filter, 190 degree thermostat, Racetech Gold Valve cartridge emulators, SV650 headlight (still have the stocker too), Buell fly screen, factory tail cover, 03 GSXR switch housings, LP mini stalk blinkers, coerce racing rear sets.  I've also got a lot of parts that I will be selling off.  This includes a complete set of engine side cases, a beautiful factory red fuel tank, red tail pieces and airbox side covers, rear passenger peg brackets, one CDI unit, a pair of GSXR 400 cams (sorry Jay, never got them in), a fair condition Yoshimura Cyclone full exhaust with aluminum can, a full euro/jap stainless exhaust system, one tweaked and faded tire hugger, one set of fair condition Raask rear sets, two pairs of carbs - one good for parts, the other I'm told has Factory Pro parts and newer jets and needles and I'm sure there are some miscellaneous pieces I've collected over the years that I can't remember off the top of my head.  Oh, I've also got the disassembled Katana 600 front end (freshly rebuilt forks, brand new EBC rotors/pads, brand new calipers, brand new master cylinder, 41 mm Vortex clip-ons, factory wheel (paint stripped), Galfer braided s/s brake lines, no triples (was planning to use bandit triples and shim the axle)).

Whatever interest you have, let me know, otherwise this all hits ebay in the near future.  Be patient with my responses, I'm a busy guy.

John, aka TheKillerB

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
End of an Era
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 08:09:04 PM »
what a shame :shock:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Zhi

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 09:47:51 PM »
It is sad to hear that you are parting ways with your bandit, but the SV is also an amazing ride and with an aftermarket exhaust, it just sounds wicked.:grin:
Z

Living and riding in the S.F. Bay Area.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 10:08:59 PM »
:crybaby:

But there are worse ways to part with your bike. I'm glad it's your choice!

Good luck with the SV. But I'm holding out for the GSR.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that you are parting with your bandit. You obviously loved riding it. The SV is a nice bike too and should be very reliable. I've sent you a PM about parts as I'm looking to upgrade my bike this winter.

Offline arimichael

• Board Regular!
End of an Era
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 01:11:02 AM »
Why not keep both? I did. :wink:

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 11:23:20 AM »
In case you didn't get the PM, reply to jcmjrt at yahoo.com   Replace the " at " with @   Thanks.

Offline fowfam

• TURBO TYPER!
End of an Era
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 12:34:12 PM »
How much for the cams and the exhaust systems? :thanks:

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 07:31:51 PM »
Good luck with the new bike. I've been eyeing an 650 V-Strom myself.

In the meantime, I could use that red tank, as mine's been leaking twice now.

Offline chupacabra

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 05:49:11 AM »
I'm interested in finding more info on the EBC rotors. Are they from the  Katana 600 front end? What year and what size? I'm looking for some rotors for my 96B6, are they what I need?
Dave . . . San Diego, California
1996 GSF600S Marble Italian Red
I bought new in sept of 95
D.I.D. 530ZVM gold x-ring chain
Pirelli Diablo 120/60F & Strada 160/60R
Progressive fork springs
H.S. HD rear axle nut & washer
Hole Shot 17" comp1 can

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 08:47:21 AM »
I'm interested in the Jap spec stainless exhaust. Can you tell me if there is any damage to it, and how much you want for it? It is the full system, including the muffler, correct?
TIA
Steve
1991 B4

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 08:47:57 AM »
Check out all the vultures!   :lol:

John, I'm definitely sorry to see you sell the B4 but totally understand.  I would rather spend time riding than wrenching.  The SV is a nice choice.  They are a fun, versatile bike with a good aftermarket.  There's a bazillion of them out there but knowing you, yours won't be stock for long.  Good luck!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline echomadman

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.echomadman.com
End of an Era
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 05:22:43 PM »
bummer dude, I dont think i'd be able to sell a bike i'd invested so much time and money in, especially a rare bike like a b4.
As was already said, why not keep both . :)
1990 GSF250 Bandit (currently getting a gsxr400 engine transplant,
2000 SV650S

Offline Zhi

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 08:00:52 PM »
I've come close to selling my B400. I wrote up the add for Craigslist and everything, but when it came down to it, I just couldn't do it. It's not like I can get a whole lot for the lil bandit, so I thought that I might aswell keep it, and someday, it would be nice to pass the 400 on to my kids or some other family member. :grin:
Z

Living and riding in the S.F. Bay Area.

Offline JmuRiz

• Board Homesteader!
End of an Era
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 11:28:25 AM »
I'd say keep both, but if you do really want to sell...I have a parts request.  I've sent you a PM (sargent seat).
Good luck with whatever you decide, your bike is awesome.

Nathan
Nathan

'91 GSF 400
'90 FZR 400
'65 Ducati Falcon 80