Author Topic: The Bandit on the track, finally...with links to album!  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: The Bandit on the track, finally...with links to album!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 02:50:33 PM »
OT: did I mention I did the dragon this summer? unfortunately it was in a mini-van. But still a ton of fun. And I was definitely faster than the group of hawgs rolling pylons in front of me.

There, fixed it for ya!  :trustme:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 02:52:15 PM »
kick stand will make you crash  :stickpoke: stick your knee out always in case you slide its there for a prop :banghead: 120 for a two day cd yeah right :rant2: Im in the wrong business...

Dude - I even have a side stand on the race bike!  My rear stand with paddles is too much of a pain in the ass to use all day.  The sidestand on ebay was like 5 bucks instead of a new race stand for spools for $100.  I have been reminded that it was down when I was gridded up ready to head out, though!   :duh:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 04:37:51 PM »

I have been reminded that it was down when I was gridded up ready to head out, though!   :duh:
[/quote]

Yup, did that once as well when I was gridded up. Had to wipe some stones off the tires that were fused on there and almost left it down, whoops!

You should have seen the look on people's faces when I flicked the center stand down in the pits. It was pretty priceless as some of them had to wrestle with rear stands.

Offline erik

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 01:07:39 AM »
That's about all I can think of, pics to follow and yes, if you really like the twisties with your Bandit, you owe it to yourself to do a trackday at least once. It can be frustrating at times but when I was able to get an open section of track and concentrate more on my lines and body position, I was having a blast. Totally was bummed when the session ended because I was coming around way more towards the end.

Glad to hear you had a good time. It can be frustrating if you find yourself stuck behind someone that's slower in the corners but faster on the straights. Especially when they keep re-passing you on the straights. Sometimes they let you go, it depends on the group a bit I think.