Author Topic: Getting Touch-Up Paint For B4  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Getting Touch-Up Paint For B4
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:17 PM »
Does anyone know any place other than Colorite to get touch-up paint for the B4? Colorite only ships to a home (billing) address via FedEx or UPS, and I can't be there to pick up the package. They won't ship to an alternate address, even if your credit card is registered for it (which I find really annoying).

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Getting Touch-Up Paint For B4
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 01:24:18 PM »
I don't know of anywhere else.  Does Suzuki sell it? 
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:29:46 PM »
I eye matched to spray can. The spray can was from a volkswagen color. Cherry red, I think. Turned out to be a perfect match to the frame.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »
I had a couple of cans mixed up for me at an auto paint store, one red and one gold for the engine and forks. I repainted the forks to match as the Katana colour was not a match.   A close colour for the red is the red Mazda used in 91 for the MX3. They jsut had to tint that a little to get a perfect match. I knew that colour was close as my buddy had a MX3 and when I parked next to him the colours look identical 

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »
Thanks for the tips. I may look into these in the future. I decided to ask my brother to order it for me from Colorrite, as there's a delivery dept in the building he lives in. I didn't really want to bother him with that sort of stuff, but he didn't mind and did it. If I have to get more paint I may check out some of the automotive paints.

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 10:26:51 PM »
Depending on how much paint you need, I usually use a Testors Paint marker in red.

You can find them at any hobby shop or even WalMart. Depends on how fancy you want to get with your touchup but it's an enamel and is very convienient. My bike isn't winning any concours anytime soon so it works fine for me.

BTW, the VW color is Tornado Red. If you search dilligently enough, you can get the paint code or just order the appropriate touch-up in pen form, bottle or spray can from any dealer. I know it isn't exact either, but close enough.

-Randy

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 09:16:56 PM »
BTW, B4s aren't on the Colorrite list, but 4475 Rouge Red is what they informed me was their matching color for a Red '93 US model B4. I had to replace my tank a while back and I noticed it had a different red. My B4s' red was more of a crimson red (more blue in the tint), while this tank was a warmer hue (more yellow in the tint). Not a perfect match but I had to make do with it. I wonder what year B4 that was, however.

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »
The 91 and 92 models in North America where the same red, in 93 it was changed to a deeper red