Author Topic: Carb Cleaning, Float Needles and Emulsion Tubes  (Read 7429 times)

Offline Levi

• Board Regular!
Re: Carb Cleaning, Float Needles and Emulsion Tubes
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 10:24:26 AM »
Right they have been adjusted before but im not sure  the guy that jetted it touched them. I'm sure he must have. I mean if you rejet the you need to readjust everything. Anyway I got my new floats and o-rings all installed. Got the carbs back on the bike. Im getting good. All this only took me about 40 min. The floats came pre adjusted so that was easy. Tonight I'll give her some gas and a tank and see what happens. Im scared though. I hate messin with carbs. I'm wondering what my dialing the pilot screws will do. Stay tunned.
 :thanks:

Offline andylad

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 03:16:09 AM »
What size are the o rings on the tubes?  I want to replace all 4 big ones and little ones.  Can I just match them up at the parts store?

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 08:19:51 AM »
Just make sure the o-rings you get are gas resistant (viton is the material you want). Sizes are listed here: http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=10980.0
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Rejektid

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 11:40:35 PM »
So I'm hesitant to ask, but does anyone have suggestions for removing pilot jets that have the slot stripped out.

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 06:11:46 AM »
Very small easy out is all I can suggest. That and alot of patience.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 01:56:28 PM »
I know it's too late now. But the trick to removing the pilots without stripping them is to use the correct thickness of flathead screw driver. None of the small screw drivers i had were thick enough and the big screw drivers i had wouldnt fit. I ended up grinding the sides off a larger screw driver so it would fit in the hole and fill up the slot.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Rejektid

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »
Got the pilot jets out. Thanks to my favorite gm chemical. If you can get your hands on a can of GM Heat Valve Lubricant do it, it's pricey but it's amazing. I can get the GM part number tomorrow if anyone wants it.