Author Topic: regulator/rectifier  (Read 13913 times)

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
regulator/rectifier
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 05:20:35 AM »
...I caved, i ordered an Electrex R/r, total cost of 95EUR, it's okay i guess and if this one is bad, then at least i have somebody i can shout at. i think it should arrive somewhere next week..

I'll take a look at trickle chargers, 45$cdn seems quite cheap, here reliable ones are easily 70EUR and on up, now if i can find that on ebay?  :grin:
Alex
'91 B4 almost bone stock:
GK73 Inner forks& Springs
B6 Rear Shock

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
regulator/rectifier
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 12:55:56 PM »
...I caved, i ordered an Electrex R/r, total cost of 95EUR, it's okay i guess and if this one is bad, then at least i have somebody i can shout at. i think it should arrive somewhere next week..

I'll take a look at trickle chargers, 45$cdn seems quite cheap, here reliable ones are easily 70EUR and on up, now if i can find that on ebay?  :grin:

Well, good luck with it then.  You'll let us know how it all turns out then eh?  You are sure that it's the RR causing problems. right?  Electrex -could- conceivably say that if something else in the system is fubar, that they won't return the part ( being electrical and all)

Yeah, there are about 3 brands that make these tenders.  There's Yuasa, Battery Tender, and one other company, that I can't recall the name of.  Battery Tender tends to be a little expensive, but not overly so.  Yuasa, you're paying for the name, and dammit if  I can remember the name of the company that does the other one.  *sigh* They're the ones that do the $45 one.  And it's been highly recommended by a few people that "know" batteries and such.  

Another place to look is a place that sells batteries, or rebuilds batteries. ( like where I get my UPS batteries from)  They should be cheaper than the Dealer is.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
regulator/rectifier
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 01:13:35 PM »
Optimate?

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
regulator/rectifier
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »
Optimate?

Uhm,.. I don't think so.  It doesn't ring a bell anyway.   I have to go into the city today or tomorrow though, perhaps I'll try to pop in and get the name of it.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
regulator/rectifier
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2006, 06:25:09 PM »
Fronius?
or Ctek?

The Fronius ones are around the 100EUR, prolly over..
the ctek's i found one on ebay for a very nice price,.. not sure if i should buy it.. i'll ponder on it somem ore  :wink:
Alex
B6 Rear Shock

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
regulator/rectifier
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2006, 01:15:02 AM »
Fronius?
or Ctek?

The Fronius ones are around the 100EUR, prolly over..
the ctek's i found one on ebay for a very nice price,.. not sure if i should buy it.. i'll ponder on it somem ore  :wink:

Gah! none of those ring a bell.  I'll call the guy tomorrow if I don't make it in to see him.  What I have on the sheet that he wrote for me is "OEM" obviously that's not a brand, so I'll find out who's making them for them.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
regulator/rectifier
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2006, 06:10:45 AM »
oh damn... i feel like such an idiot!
So i went ahead and bought the Electrex r/r, right?
i received it some time ago and had to wait till somebody could give me a battery  :sad: . Okay, yesterday it finally happened, we hooked up the new one measured the voltage...and it said 0.75V!!
Something i didn't think of was at play here..if you don't connect the black & red to the battery, there is another resistance at the pins of the r/r, hence it will flow considerably less Volts through.
I hooked up the new one on the bike, fired it up with jump cables and measured the Volts on the battery: an ever so stable 13.8V

In other words, the CBR600 r/r is functioning! So now i have one spare i suppose :wink:  :duh:

Well, at least now i have only one small thing to concentrate on (cfr. to wait till it arrives here) and then i can finally ride! :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
Alex
B6 Rear Shock