Author Topic: possibility of bandit 400 motor/(gsxr 400 motor) going !  (Read 2470 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
possibility of bandit 400 motor/(gsxr 400 motor) going !
« on: June 01, 2005, 12:15:02 AM »
Hows that for suspence! Any ways i got a cylinder with all the sleeves out , did some measuring on the sleeve and the bare cylinder walls that the liners would press fit into and then some fancy mathmatical crap to figure displacement bore times bore times stoke divided by something and i think im gonna try to go 500cc with some custome JE pistons ( slipper style like the crf 450 honda) wich will take some custome sleeve from  LA sleeve too and then sent to millenium technologies for the sleeve install , bore work, and nickasil (chrome crap keeps things cool less wear) and im sure im gonna have to free up some room in the combustion area of the head , but it should fly. Im working on getting the liners first thats around 4 bills my cost. and the pistons are 690.00 and crome and bore work @ 4 more bills. slowly it will come together. :blahblah:  :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline JmuRiz

• Board Homesteader!
possibility of bandit 400 motor/(gsxr 400 motor) going !
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 11:09:13 AM »
Sounds interesting, I'm sure that's reaching a limit further than I'd ever want to go.  But since you know what you're doing, why not go for it.  I do know that nickasil is some good stuff, if done correctly.  It's been used in Porsche motors since the mid 70's and does great for keeping things cool.
Nathan

'91 GSF 400
'90 FZR 400
'65 Ducati Falcon 80