Author Topic: Spare part help?  (Read 3822 times)

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
Spare part help?
« on: January 26, 2007, 10:04:36 PM »
Hope some one can help me?
I live in Bali & have a 96 B4 which is in need of some spares which are very difficult to find ( local copies are plentiful but dangerous..ha)
I have tried dealers in Australia as it is close but they inform me that this model was never introduced there so the parts are not available.
Next question is how can i tell exactly what year the bike is? Engine or frame number ?This is necessary because most bikes have been imported over the years without any papers so now i have to go through the time consuming & costly process of putting the correct amount of money in the right persons hands to get this done.....
Parts i am trying to get are as follows..rings,valve seals,top end gasket set,valve springs,fork seals & brake pads & i imagine i should get some carb parts ( any suggetsions?)

If any one has any ideas about where to get these parts it wouod be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Offline land-warrior.rus

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://landwarrior.dynserv.net
Spare part help?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:57:54 PM »
Gees...if she needs that many parts changed...you have to ask youeself a quastion: is it worth is?
If the answer is YES than you are better off with one of the big bore kits Jay has(im sure he'll post something soon too about it)cause as i know its not that easy to come across OEMs.Then have a look on ebay(you'll fine some used parts).
Jay could probably get you a carb kit(i got one from him few weeks back).
There are plenty of shops out there that do OEM as well as after market parts for little B4.
As far as i can remember top end gasket set was around £90.
So you have a lot of work infront of yourself.
But if you are willing to go ahead and get the parts,put them in,get the bike running then i can tell you it will be well worth the effort you put into it.
Good luck and cheers.
I'll have a look tomorow and post a few links to online shops that i used for parts....
We work to live not live to work!!!

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
Spare part help?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 11:47:58 PM »
DEFINATELY  worth the effort & much better than riding a 125 cc scooter ,its like a shopping trolley with wheels.
The bike really only NEEDS fork seals at the moment,compression is slightly low in 1 cylinder & valve springs & seals are sorta ok but dont want to have the bike sitting in the garage in the future waiting to get spares ,preventative maintenence i guess.
Still goes like a rocket & i plan to keep for a long time...

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
Spare part help?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 12:00:53 AM »
I'd guess Ebay might be your best bet for small spare parts like fork seals.

Offline danielburgess

• TURBO TYPER!
parts
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »
Hi,

Currently I am being based in Singapore, so I can ship over the OEM spares as the local Suzuki agent does have the complete spare parts for a Suzuki Bandit. Is yours the P model or the VV model?

Cheers

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Spare part help?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 11:09:21 PM »
there you go between me and dan we can get you anything i shipped a bunch of parts oem for a 76 gsxr like a 1000.00 worth of stuff he gave me a list i located the parts and sold him a piston kit good deal
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
Spare part help?
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 11:44:16 PM »
Excellent news ,thanks guys.
Nest question is...how can i identify exactly what model this cursed is? The frame ID plate is GK75A....
If i am going to get these parts i wanty to make sure i get the correct ones.
Thx.Matt

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Spare part help?
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 12:27:59 AM »
give me the tenth digit of the vin number on the neck of the bike does it have red valve cover on the motor?
dual disc or single disc front brakes?
http://www.suzukicycles.org/All-Suzuki/all_suzuki_models.html
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
Spare part help?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 05:12:38 AM »
Single front disc & no red valve cover.
The number on the neck of the bike is GK75A 133217.
I had a look at the link before posting here but didnt help me much.
Cheers.

Offline danielburgess

• TURBO TYPER!
serial number.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 09:31:52 AM »
Good, that means you have the exact same model of the bandit as me, most probably a '94 GSF400P model. Hehe, probably stolen in singapore? Just kidding, but most of the bikes stolen in singapore end up in Indonesia.

Was at my usual bike shop the other day, an insurance surveyor was looking at an R1, a GSX750, a GSX600 and a Fazer 1000, all were to be shipped to Indonesia when the police caught the guy!

Cheers!

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
Spare part help?
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 02:41:27 AM »
Ok....getting closer to a solution.
If i can confirm the model..94 GSF400P ? Whats going to be the next step? Will i need to find part numbers from m/fiche ?
Thanks guys...starting to see more oil seeping from the fork seal everyday.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Spare part help?
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 06:03:40 AM »
If the brain in this old man is functioning at all, P was the designation for th 93 model.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
Spare part help?
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 06:07:06 AM »
Sorry guys,maybe i seem thick...so how can i determine what model this cursed beast is so i can order the correct parts?

Offline danielburgess

• TURBO TYPER!
GK75A
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 07:08:17 AM »
Quote from: "chef"
Sorry guys,maybe i seem thick...so how can i determine what model this cursed beast is so i can order the correct parts?

I'm pretty sure it is the same bike as mine, as you have the model GK75A written on the left side of the frame, and that is the exact same as mine, hmmm, for the year I know it is around 93, but my bandit was registered here as a '94.

Cheers!