Author Topic: Anyone happen to have a spare clutch lever pivot screw?  (Read 2148 times)

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
Anyone happen to have a spare clutch lever pivot screw?
« on: October 24, 2007, 12:17:17 AM »
Does anyone happen to have one? Mine got stripped from over tightening, so I had to cut it off. I bought a new M6 bolt....but the OEM pivot screw is more of a bushing, not really a screw.

Is this easy to find at a Suzi dealer? Dont wanna get stuck waiting 9 months for this thing. I can survive with the standard bolt..but I'd prefer the OEM one.

THANKS!  :motorsmile:
1991 Bandit 400

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 01:45:05 AM »
I *should* have one at home, but I am out of town.  And it's off my B12.  If you can tell (from schematics online) that it's the part you want, PM me with a mailing address and I'll get it mailed off to you at the end of the weekend.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Re: Anyone happen to have a spare clutch lever pivot screw?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 11:38:19 AM »
Quote from: "GooseMan"
Does anyone happen to have one? Mine got stripped from over tightening, so I had to cut it off. I bought a new M6 bolt....but the OEM pivot screw is more of a bushing, not really a screw.

Is this easy to find at a Suzi dealer? Dont wanna get stuck waiting 9 months for this thing. I can survive with the standard bolt..but I'd prefer the OEM one.

THANKS!  :motorsmile:

does it not screw into the perch then a 10mm nut goes on at the bottom so it does not matter if it was stripped at the perch.you can buy a whole clutch perch/lever from a sv 650 off ebay for hella cheap
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 12:35:49 PM »
Thanks Sven! I appreciate that! I'll PM ya  :bandit:

As for getting the SV perch...sounds like a good idea, but it took me like 2 hours to re-install that stupid clutch cable, and theres no way in hell I'm going to do it all over again! I'd rather just put in a new pivot screw. But maybe I'll buy one as a spare.
1991 Bandit 400