Author Topic: Indicator mirrors...  (Read 2632 times)

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Indicator mirrors...
« on: July 27, 2006, 01:52:44 AM »
I'm having a heck of a time tracking down some mirrors with built in indicators...  never mind those that look good and don't cost an arm and  a leg.  Anyone here have a good source?  I've been checking ebay, hitting up the streetfighter sites in the UK and scanning through google searches for a week now without much to show for it.

Thanks
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Indicator mirrors...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »
Brain - 400Runner did it.  Pic in this thread.  I could swear he or someone else that had done it had a whole post about them but I'll be damned if I can find it.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Russtang

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://russruss.com
Indicator mirrors...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 02:39:23 PM »
Those ones 400runner has are beautiful.  They were like $200+ though IIRC.  I got some cheapos off eBay for around $25 shipped.  Smoked amber lenses, so they look like solid black from the front.

Bought them from MOTORCYCLEPARTSONLY but i can't seem to find them in his store anymore.  Maybe shoot an email off to him if you're interested?

Russ

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Indicator mirrors...
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 03:04:18 PM »
I have these

Bought them for about $40 :lol: I wonder how they can make them for that money because they are quality mirrors :beers:

Offline 400runner

• Board Homesteader!
Indicator mirrors...
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 01:35:35 PM »
Brian,
 I used a set of mirror w/ indicators from an 05 gsxr 1000. You can find them for very cheap on ebay. I paid ( I think) $100 US. for them but I bought these when they were first out. I have since seen them go for very cheap. I should have waited. You will have to get creative with the mounting. I fabricated a mounting bracket out of aluminum because its a soft and easy metal to manipulate. But a little creativity will help. Good luck. :beers:

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Indicator mirrors...
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 12:01:10 PM »
These look like the same as Herr Tod posted:

I just bought them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320012739609&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

$44 over here to my door.  Just incase anyone else is interested (I've seen this seller list a couple of them, always BIN and the same price).
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Indicator mirrors...
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »
Not bad, just over a week to get across the pond and to my door.  I just screwed them in (after testing to make sure I did need a new non-thermal flasher), thought I'd offer up some pictures.  My overall impression is that they're not the highest quality items I've used, but they're not bad either.  Mirrors look good though (as in the mirror itself, it's a clean reflection without waves/distortion).

Overall view..  I have Bikemaster Euro bend bars and HVMP bar ends (the smaller version).

This next one's just to show how the wires come out:

A close-up of the front side:

And an overall front shot.....  still have the stockers as I need a new flasher and some wiring to bridge the gap.  These mirrors also have running lights (3-wire), so I'll figgure out some way to do that in the process.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with what you get for the money, so long as they don't swing when at speed (they're prety damn stiff though, so I don't think that'll happen, at least not for quite awhile).
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400