Author Topic: Learned something today  (Read 2852 times)

Offline del la sol

• TURBO TYPER!
Learned something today
« on: May 10, 2007, 04:07:57 PM »
Two things actually,

The rear stand for my gsx-r will not safely support my bandit 400 with its narrower swing arm.

which in turn led me to learn that...

If your in a pinch, the front brake lever off of a VFR800/F4i/Superhawk is a perfect match for the bandit 400 front brake lever

and it was only a $12 lesson  :bandit:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Learned something today
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 05:21:44 PM »
been there done that one :taz:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Learned something today
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »
You know... I find it really interesting how many suzuki parts you can buy at the honda dealer. ;)   I've picked up a front sprocket and a regulator rectifier there as well.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Learned something today
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 04:55:51 PM »
Yeah - My B4 almost tumbled off a s/a stand.  I have one of those cheap LP stands.  When I had the B4, I actually bent the ends in a little so it would safely reach the narrow B4 swinger.  It's now bent back for the CBR.   :wink:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Learned something today
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 02:54:08 AM »
I bought a brand new Shindy maste(which is actually a Nissin) and it came with a black lever.The stock B4's silver lever was a direct swap.
Much like cars,many bike parts arent proprietary to the make,rather they are sourced from specialty manufacturers....Nissin,Brembo,Tokiko,Dana Spicer,Borg Warner,ect....that sell similar (if not identical) parts,to many manufacturers.
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
Learned something today
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 06:43:27 PM »
I learned today that my Bandit runs outta gas at around 170km!! On a busy highway!!  :duh: Its my first bike, so I'm not really used to these things....I was cruising alont and all of a sudden she kinda ran out of power...I figured something was seriously wrong...or I must be out of gas. Luckily, there was room to pull over. Put it in reserve and it was A-OK!

Learn something new every day!  :lol:
1991 Bandit 400

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
Learned something today
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 07:30:16 PM »
Quote from: "GooseMan"
I learned today that my Bandit runs outta gas at around 170km!! On a busy highway!!  :duh: Its my first bike, so I'm not really used to these things....I was cruising alont and all of a sudden she kinda ran out of power...I figured something was seriously wrong...or I must be out of gas. Luckily, there was room to pull over. Put it in reserve and it was A-OK!

Learn something new every day!  :lol:

Been there, done that. Twice. Now I religiously reset the trip meter every time I fill up.

Once on the test ride, and once 1/2 mile from the servo. Pushed the bike there up a slight hill. Good workout, but not what I needed at 8.00 on a sunday morning.