Author Topic: Litetek choke rubbers  (Read 9738 times)

Offline Gouraami

• Board Homesteader!
Litetek choke rubbers
« on: January 21, 2016, 03:50:49 AM »
Hi Guys

One thing I noticed when initially installing the new lite-tek choke rubbers was that there were burs left during the molding process.

Once installed these burs caused the plungers to stick due to the rubbers not sitting 100% in the carb. I initially thought it would free itself up with use, but it turns out it hasn't.

While the tank is off I simply use my finger to push the chokes home, but once the tank is on I am not going to be able to get there.

Did I simply get a bad batch?

I am going to have to remove the rubbers and carefully cut the burs off with a carpet knife.

I am curious if anyone else has had this issue
Project: Suzuki Bandit 400 Limited Edition, either a '90 or '91 needs a lot of TLC

Offline lknbandit400

• New user!
Re: Litetek choke rubbers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »
Hmm - I'm surprised there's such a quality issue - is it just parting line flash or something? I know Blair is a member over at 400greybike and pretty active responding to threads regarding his product.  Maybe try posting there as well? 

Offline Gouraami

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Litetek choke rubbers
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 03:01:36 AM »
Parting line flash, I will post a picture once I get back to the carbs.

I may, but I don't think I will, it will be quicker sorting it out by myself. I'm in South Africa, so shipping takes forever.
Project: Suzuki Bandit 400 Limited Edition, either a '90 or '91 needs a lot of TLC