Author Topic: Need help with cam chain  (Read 2680 times)

Offline ED

• Board Regular!
Need help with cam chain
« on: February 05, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »
So the cam chain on my 92 B4 snapped, no damage except the chain.  So now I need to find a way to replace the cam chain.  I really really don't want to split the cases.  So...

Does anyone know of a company selling aftermarket rivitable cam chains?

If not, can the bottom case be separated without dismantling the entire top end?

Does anyone know if these cam chains are common to any other susukies?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Need help with cam chain
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »
you have to take the cams out , clutch side apart , stater clutch side apart , fly wheel off , starter clutch off 2 bolts in the oil filter hidding and the bottom comes off with out disturbing the pistons and head gasket.
cheers
big job to do!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline ED

• Board Regular!
Need help with cam chain
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 04:37:06 PM »
Cripes.  How many "special" susuki tools are involved in all of that?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Need help with cam chain
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 05:21:54 PM »
just one for the starter clutch the other one you can get at a automotive store looks sorta like asteering wheel pulling it bolts to the fly wheel and has a big bolt in the center that pulls the fly wheel off
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline ED

• Board Regular!
Need help with cam chain
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 06:12:08 PM »
If I can't find an aftermarket cam chain to replace my pooched one, I am considering turning the bandit into a project.  This would include your 440 kit, and possibly the gixxer cams you have.  Could you provide me with a price for the two?  Also, how detailed are the instructions for the 440 kit?  I have dismantled an engine, but I have never done a big bore kit before.
Thanks

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Need help with cam chain
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 07:02:21 PM »
$650.00 shipped to your door the big bore kit is just like installing stock so you would follow the b4 manaual except use the clearance spec that come with the kit and have some one bore and hone your stock cylinder!
cheers any other question feel free to ask Oh and i have some good used cam chains but i think a new one is only like $90.00 or so