Author Topic: newbies got some b4 ?  (Read 2491 times)

Offline O.G. Racing

• New user!
newbies got some b4 ?
« on: June 20, 2006, 04:22:14 AM »
Whats the top speed on a 92 b4? are the carbs & cams off of a gsxr 400 any better? Will I have to mod any thing else for these parts to work right? Could I have my stock carbs bored with a jet kit? Will a kerker slip-on for a 600 fit a 400? Also is a 15 tooth front sprocket really worth changing my 14 tooth? Any responses would be helpful :thanks:  since I don't know anything about bikes.
92 Bandit GSF 400, Kerker slip-on, Race Tech fork springs

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
newbies got some b4 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 05:06:57 AM »
-GSXR400 cams work for the B4 and you'll get more top end power.
-The jet kits are designed for replacing main needles and such in your current carbs, just make sure they're for your carbs exactly.
-Ehh, about the slip-on, it depends, i don't know much about it, but as long as the diameter is the same about 2" (?=50-52mm?) you can fit it, but what the results will be is always kind of a surprise (more midrange or toprange?)
-Changing the front sprocket to something bigger will lower your acceleration but increase you topspeed. This is always a trade-off: "What would you specifically wish to have?"
Hope this gives you a clearer idea of what you want to do.
Also, check out the many many threads on this board, there's much info around here about nearly everything!
Alex
'91 B4 almost bone stock:
GK73 Inner forks& Springs
B6 Rear Shock

Offline O.G. Racing

• New user!
newbies got some b4 ?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:41:47 AM »
Farre thank you for your input, I think I will do away with the sprocket & see if I can get some cams. do you know what year of a gsxr 400 I can get these from? But what about the gsxr carbs?
92 Bandit GSF 400, Kerker slip-on, Race Tech fork springs

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
newbies got some b4 ?
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 02:32:25 PM »
get ahold of GSXR400 Racer as he has all the parts your looking for or knows were to get them, any slip on with a 2" inlet will work as for a complete system no a 600 will not work. Hunt around on ebay if your after a complete system they show up from time to time.

Offline MasterM3

• Board Homesteader!
newbies got some b4 ?
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 01:16:46 AM »
with a D&D slip on and jet kit, my bandit refuses to go past 110mph although there are plenty of revs left

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
newbies got some b4 ?
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 05:44:28 AM »
M3, according to the FactoryPro site, you should change your mains, this affects top-end power
Alex
'91 B4 almost bone stock:
GK73 Inner forks& Springs
B6 Rear Shock