Author Topic: Oh geez, now how do you install it?  (Read 2154 times)

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
Oh geez, now how do you install it?
« on: February 22, 2006, 05:04:11 PM »
My Bandit had a HARD life before I got it.  One of its cosmetic scars was a cracked tachometer housing.  I've purchased a new one, but lo and behold, now that the tach is apart, it looks impossible to remove from the bike.  Not all the wires that connect the tachometer unattach, and at the other end, they just disappear into the wire harness a BIG bundle of wires. These wires go through the housing thus it's captive. Any suggestions on how to remove the tach or replace the housing?
Thanks, Duane

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 05:11:14 PM »
Pull harder on the rubber. The indicated wires are your light bulbs. The entire rubber piece should come out allowing you access to the bulbs, and removal of housing.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 10:05:35 PM »
You might as well cut open the bundle. Replace some bad wires while you're at it :wink:

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 04:05:51 PM »
Interfuse/Mike,

Thank you.  Of course that was it. :duh: Before I pull on anything hard or with force Im going to ask first.  Thank you so much for the help.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 06:21:20 PM »
Quote from: "duane"
Interfuse/Mike,

Thank you.  Of course that was it. :duh: Before I pull on anything hard or with force Im going to ask first.  Thank you so much for the help.

That's always a good plan! I had the same problem the first time I opened the tach.

:congrats:
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.