Author Topic: Pilot Power mileage update  (Read 2625 times)

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Pilot Power mileage update
« on: November 19, 2005, 01:25:56 PM »
Well in the short span of two months (give or take) I managed to put roughly 4k into the tires.

Since most of my riding is done in the twisties here, that's where most of the wear on the tires are. The sides are about halfway down the bars, Bib is still waving at me and the centres are at about 1/4 to the bars. Looks like I might get a good bit of next season out of the rear as well. The front is wearing quite nicely. Pressures run are 29 ft 35 rear.

If you're looking for a good mileage, sticky tire, look no further. YRMV but I'm not so much super-hard on the gas so perhaps that may contribute to the longer life. Average speed in the local twisties here is between 35-50 so not so much stupid high speed (at least for me anyway). There is the odd on ramp that I can hit at 70+ hanging off, but even then that's a rare occurance.

Thought I'd post up as it's getting cold and nearer to Turkey day the bike will be put to sleep till springtime. I've got a couple of new trinkets to hang on it since I'll be bleeding the brakes anyway. Just waiting for UPS and a phone call.

Rob or anyone, up for a ride before we call it a year? They're already saying chances of snow this week for SE PA. This is after consecutive 70+ degree days.

-Randy

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 06:33:46 PM »
The average speed though our twisties is 160 to 190 kph i think the wear might be a little higher  lol
I normally get about 8000 km on a rear and 16 to 18,000 on a front with my pirrelli dragons

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 12:27:29 PM »
About 5000 - 6000 km. I replace front and rear at the same time. When it's time to replace the rear tire I have about 2 mm on the front tire, 1 mm on the sides. Bib is long gone :bigok:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 05:37:13 PM »
Randy - I'm in winter mods-mode already.  Bike's in pieces.  I've only done maybe 300 miles since we rode last.  

I'll definitely give the Powers a shot next year.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7