Author Topic: petcock rant....  (Read 2099 times)

Offline todius

• Board Homesteader!
petcock rant....
« on: July 29, 2005, 09:50:27 PM »
Ok, so I was riding home on the B4 today and the bike suddenly started slowing down.  I reach down to turn the petcock to reserve and I can't find it...  search some more.... search some more.... squeeze fingers and gloves into small opening.... there it is!  Doh!  Didn't switch quick enough. Carbs are outta gas.  Crank a few times on the starter... crank a few more... crank a few more.... .... ... a few more.... uggghh.... I'm gonna have to prime them. Doh!!!   :duh: I left my toolkit in the shed after I got through with it last night....can't remove the screw that blocks the prime position... Give up... call brother... he arrives 20min later with a gas can and a toolkit.

Primed her and she starts right up.  

Conclusions:
1) The petcock is tiny and hard to get to (annoying)
2) The petcock has a stupid screw blocking the prime pos. (annoying... any problem with just leaving the screw out?)
3) I'm going to have to spend an hour practicing changing the petcock positions without looking and with big winter gloves on.
4) Never forget tool kit!
-Brent

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
petcock rant....
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 10:56:38 PM »
one word bro! PINGEL
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol