Author Topic: Suzuki UK...  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Wudy

• Board Homesteader!
    • Wudy.co.uk Freelance Web Development
Suzuki UK...
« on: April 21, 2010, 07:07:53 AM »
... are eeejits!

I've been trying to get my sub-rocker shims for my VC 400, my local parts place (Fowlers) got the right part no's that I needed from the proper Japanese Suz' Fiches, but the part no's weren't on their system. So they said they'd add them to their system for me and then get them ordered.

I then got a phone call from Fowlers informing me that Suzuki UK are saying the part numbers don't exist! When the obviously do.

I've given Fowlers my VIN and engine no. and they are going to pass them onto Suz' UK and they're going to look into it (they wouldn't do anything without a VIN).

Just wanted a little rant  :rant2:
These are the last bits I need for my valve clearance check before I can put her back together and enjoy the good weather!
- '93 Jap Import B4 VVC

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Suzuki UK...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 04:38:34 PM »
Hey Wudy, ive a few spare ones if you post the sizes. I use Riders of Yovil for Jap only parts as they get them direct from JP.

Offline Wudy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
I need 2x 178, a 185 and a 188.

Still waiting to hear back if they've heard from Suzuki UK.
They're usually pretty good, keep most of the things I've asked for in stock (even things that are pretty unusual, like my starter gear cover gasket).
And if they haven't got it it's normally a week (like for the other shims). But if it's a really rare bit (like the igniter relay I had go before) then it's 4 weeks from Japan.

Is that Riders that do Ducati and Harley Davidson's? We've got a Riders of Bristol that only do those bikes. Probably not the same company though.
- '93 Jap Import B4 VVC

Offline Wudy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »

I need 2x 178, a 185 and a 188.

Bump :thumb:
- '93 Jap Import B4 VVC

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:06:32 PM »
I got 178's and 180's and a 172. No 185 or 188.
Chris.

Offline Wudy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 01:46:59 PM »
Ok cheers mate.
Might as well wait to get them ordered in, going to ring them tomorrow to see if they've heard anything back from Suzuki.

Don't feel so bad about not being able to ride it now that the nice weather's replaced by rain lol.
- '93 Jap Import B4 VVC