Author Topic: To VVT or not to, that is the question.  (Read 7430 times)

Offline raptorsc

• Board Homesteader!
GSF250Vs for sale
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 03:47:24 AM »
There is currently 2 for sale in my town

One at the suzuki dealer and one at the GAS GAS dealer

Both less than 20 000k and both black.
2000 GSF250V

Australia

Offline DTS

• New user!
To VVT or not to, that is the question.
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 05:00:40 AM »
How much are they going for just out curiousity? im still a bit unsure on what bike I want to get, I realy would love a bandit 400, but the whole lams thing, the only lams bike that comes second is the gs500e, but im not too big a fan of parrallel twins, had it been an inline 4...:) another choise was a yammy xjr400, inline 4, lams, the lot, but hard to find, even online reviews are hard to find, I realy dont want to put money on a 250, even though its a good bike, just want some thing that will last longer in terms of challenge.

Offline raptorsc

• Board Homesteader!
Prices
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 05:08:58 AM »
I think $3500 and $4500 they are
2000 GSF250V

Australia

Offline Ausian

• New user!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 07:36:35 AM »
Hey guys!

Im also looking at buying a used bandit.

The question I have is:
I live in Australia (NSW). As this bike is a grey import, what are the availability of service parts?

Cheers!
I am so smart, I am so smart
S-M-R-T
DOH!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 05:48:56 AM »
Ausian,

Refer to the PM I sent you.

But for everyone else.

IMHO, I wouldn't touch a 'grey' import with a 10ft barge pole.  However, if you live in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane and you buy the bike from the importer, and you don't live to far away, you should be right. But, unless really luck, don't even think about getting parts in the country.

Suzuki DID import the Bandit 250 as an official bike through it's Dealer Network, if you get one of those you'll have less problems.  I believe the offical model had RED head covers, but always check the compliance plate just to make sure.

The reason I say "less problems" is that the B250 never really sold well in the land of OZ, that's why Suzuki stopped selling it.

Because you live in NSW, I would suggest you look at one of the bigger LAM bikes, that is unless you suffer from ducks disease, or have little or no intention of riding outside the city.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline Ausian

• New user!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 01:37:42 AM »
I live in the western subs so I wont be doing any long distance riding. Just to Uni and back.

It will be my first bike and being a grey import its relatively cheap compared to similar bikes. I dont have a lot to spend and other bikes like a cbr250 or a VT250 cost heaps more and have heaps more kms.

A down side is that it could be hard for parts. But I live in the metropolitan area.
I am so smart, I am so smart
S-M-R-T
DOH!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 05:03:21 AM »
Good luck with whatever bike you get, given that you live in Sydney, and will be commuting the B250 should do the job nicely......
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"