Author Topic: toy for my son  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
toy for my son
« on: August 19, 2006, 04:43:57 PM »
While scrounging around at a local bike shop here, the owner and I are good friends. I saw a well used xr70 sitting in the corner of the impound yard. Picked it up for $600. Going to take a couple of hundred to bring it back to new. So now my son has a great bike to learn on and I have a pitbike I can bling out for at the races  LOL will post some pics in the next few days

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
toy for my son
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 09:07:08 PM »
Nice one, good on you! It's nice to see a man getting his son involved and interested in the motorbike world. How old is he? I hope he enjoys it.

I wish my dad had been like that. But he was always against me getting a bike, and is still against me having one. It would have made things a lot easier if he had been supportive, and more fun if he had been involved. But I still love it!!

:motorsmile:
Coopz
-Silencing Lambs Since October 31st 2006

Offline albertinhouston

• Board Homesteader!
toy for my son
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:45:28 PM »
Cheers to ya man!!!!!!!  I have my son on a husky 50( want to motard it) and my daughter on a 4 wheeler, but I think she will be better at moto's....

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
toy for my son
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 10:11:32 PM »
He's 4 turning 5 in October, He's very tall for his age over 48" now and had him sit on a few of the 50 and they were too small in my opinion. Didn't want to buy a 50 have him use it for a summer them have to move up. Going to give it to him for Christmas, have to weld and power coat the frame, I have new plastic on order and new tires. The engine has just been reringed and run great. But then it's a Honda, you just can't kill those little 4 stroke.
I wish my parents supported my interest in bikes as well, I promised myself if I had a son of daughter I would give them every opportunity to enjoy the sport  :grin:

Offline albertinhouston

• Board Homesteader!
toy for my son
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 10:20:32 PM »
GREAT Dad! he'll thank you later.   My Dad never bought be a bike so I would steal my older brothers and go ride. I had to run next to the bike till it was going then hop on it and ride.  Don't forget about training wheels.

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
toy for my son
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 10:41:38 PM »
Yeah, I promised myself that when I have a son, I will get him a little mini moto/pit bike, and get him a cool little leather jacket, and let him ride on the back with me. And he will know loads about bikes, and all the different kinds etc. I will take him to biking events and races, and to motocross lessons and loads of other fun motorbike related things like that!

I considered buying my six year old (half) brother a mini moto for him to learn on and rax about a field on, but he lives with my dad who just wouldn't allow it. :sad:
Coopz

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
toy for my son
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 10:42:39 PM »
And, also, you can get training wheels for bikes??  :shock:

You really do learn something new every day!  :motorsmile:
Coopz

Offline Russtang

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://russruss.com
toy for my son
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 02:52:19 PM »
And, also, you can get training wheels for bikes??  :shock:

You really do learn something new every day!  :motorsmile:

Training Wheels on ebay

:beers:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
toy for my son
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 03:11:51 PM »
This is my 5 yr old on his 05 crf 50(slash my pit bike) 05 crf 50 modified air box adult riser(top clamp) mini bars(adult bars to tall for him and im short lol) bridgstone tires (cause the stock ones suck) after market black plastic(took the new oem plastic off as soon as i got it)woody wood pecker honda sticker kit, wide aluminum pegs, brake pedle extender(cause he kept looking for the rear brake) folding shifter, gold chain , 1 tooth bigger front sprocket, yosh tri-oval full pipe(no spark arrester) hot cams (cam shaft) heavy duty clutch springs)He thinks he is gonna be in the x games his new thing is to jump and do no footers taking his feet off in the air. KIDS ARE GREAT, They are the ultimate fountain of youth. (till a certain year I hear for some)LOL> :beers:

1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol