Author Topic: TWIN head lamps  (Read 17955 times)

Offline Spacey86

• Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« on: October 15, 2005, 10:48:05 AM »
Hi there dude's. Went to go and fit these really cool twin head lights i got now, thought oh ye nice and easy, take old one off plug in a few connectors bolt new loghts on Jobs a good un'. :duh:

Cor was i wrong, the amount of loom in the back of the head light is abseen. So my main question is"has any body fitted twin lights to the B4, and if so , how did you get round the problem of having loads of loom so make disapear."
If at first it don't fit .......... Smack it with a hammer(might be the reason my B4 is nackered)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 11:05:22 PM »
Amazing how they can get 10 lbs of shite in a 5 lb bag, isn't it? :shock:

Two options:

1) Shorten the wires

2) Rearragne the loom and coil & stow excess wire under the tank (or work it all to some other locations) in such a manner that it doesn't melt, chafe or obstruct anything.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 02:07:54 AM »
Not sure but I'm gonna have the same problem here soon.  Just got myself some Bandit Mania twin beams.   :banana:   It IS a mess in there, though!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 01:01:35 PM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
Not sure but I'm gonna have the same problem here soon.  Just got myself some Bandit Mania twin beams.   :banana:   It IS a mess in there, though!

What ya wasting trackday money on head lights for ? You dont need those on the track yo! :stickpoke:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 01:17:46 PM »

Take some pictures while you're switching it over. I've beening thinking about going to another headlight as well.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 04:37:11 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"

What ya wasting trackday money on head lights for ? You dont need those on the track yo! :stickpoke:

I know, I know.  Thinkin' the same thing.  Always wanted the XB9 look, though.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 04:38:28 PM »
Quote from: "interfuse"

Take some pictures while you're switching it over. I've beening thinking about going to another headlight as well.

I'll be sure to document the misery.  I need to catch up on a bunch of honey-do's first.  Probably won't tackle this 'til mid-winter.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 05:39:30 PM »
Does anybody know of a bike with a headlight similar to the B4's but with 2 bulbs. Or something like the Yamaha MT-01 has... two in one, but a little smaller. I'm thinking of installing Xenon but that requires 2 bulbs for low and high lights.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 04:20:57 AM »
Why not just use the Yamaha MT-01 headlight, then?

It wouldn't have to be a bike light if the diameter is the same... like maybe a new style VW Beetle?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 06:45:50 PM »
Quote from: "Herr Tod"
Does anybody know of a bike with a headlight similar to the B4's but with 2 bulbs. Or something like the Yamaha MT-01 has... two in one, but a little smaller. I'm thinking of installing Xenon but that requires 2 bulbs for low and high lights.

If you're just looking for brighter - Silvania Silverstars kick ass.  They made a HUGE difference for me.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 06:50:45 PM »
I have something like that, Philips Vision+. However a friend of mine has xenon 8000K in his Hayabusa and when he switches that on it's like my light doesn't exist. Problem is if I install xenon in the stock headlight I'll lose my high beam function.

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 12:33:30 PM »
Quote from: "Herr Tod"
I have something like that, Philips Vision+. However a friend of mine has xenon 8000K in his Hayabusa and when he switches that on it's like my light doesn't exist. Problem is if I install xenon in the stock headlight I'll lose my high beam function.

There is a company here in the States that makes a 7" round HID/Xenon headlight conversion unit for Harley Davidson. While they list it for Harley's, as long as there is clearence in the headlight bucket, the light should work fine on any 12v system with a 7" sized headlight. It's pretty spiffy looking, two bulbs in a single round assembly, with two seperate reflectors. I can't remember the link off the top of my head, I'll look it up when I get home from work.

Unfortunatly, it's expensive. I'm looking into doing something similiar, though. I have HIDs on my car, and they are most impressive. I can see double benifits for having them on the Bandit, improved visibility for you and improved visibility for others that might miss you otherwise.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 01:00:14 PM »
Hail Canada... $205 for a 8000K xenon kit :beers:

http://www.xenondepot.com/

Our 8000k Motorcycle HID Conversion Kit will provide an intense blue/purple output. The use of specially designed ballasts for motorcycle applications will make for an easier installation.

1 x Xtreme 8000k Capsule
1 x Motorcycle Application Ballast
Complete instruction manual

For motorcycles using a single H4, 9004, and 9007 bulb for both low and high beam , you will lose your high beam functionality.

Here's a pic of the Honda Hornet 600 headlight

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 01:39:40 PM »
Grab a Hornet headlamp, since it has seperate low/high beams, and then do the conversion? Sounds like the ticket to me  :banana:

2008 GSXR-750

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 06:14:59 PM »
:beers: That's the plan... haven't seen those lamps on eBay yet for a decent price. I could get one for about $100 at a 2nd hand parts reseller. Little more than $300 and you've got the brightest light and best visibility for others. I'll have to check if the Hornet headlight is about the same size as the B4's and then I'll order it.

*edit* Just found one... I wonder what the end price will be. The seller says it's about 215 mm. The Bandit's headlight is about 205 mm. I say that would fit and won't look bad. I just need to remove the plastic housing and replace it with steel-chrome somehow.