Author Topic: Unique/dek bandit 400 blog  (Read 11223 times)

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
Unique/dek bandit 400 blog
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:19:50 PM »
Hi All

Its taking some time to get here,

http://www.uniquebandit400blog

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:13:39 PM by Unique »

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Unique/dek bandit 400 blog
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:46:12 AM »
It's because you spelled blogsopot in the link  :duh: :bandit:

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:50:14 AM »
Thanks Squishy

i've redone it but still do doesn't work!

When i preview before posting it shown as a link, but not when posted. I making some silly mistake somewhere.. i have to come back to it later. 

dek   

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:23:11 AM »
Thanks Squishy

i've redone it but still do doesn't work!

When i preview before posting it shown as a link, but not when posted. I making some silly mistake somewhere.. i have to come back to it later. 

dek   
Works fine for me :P

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »
My new toy tool
 It's a lot nicer standing up then laying or bending down on the floor and lot safer too, for me and the b4’ blocking-up with blocks of wood and then finding the blocks are in the way of what you’ll trying to do is a pain in the backside. With the lift now’ if I got the rear out and wanted to start on the front-end that's no problem unlike before, I can also stop the lift at any height I wish too. I can even move the lift around with the bike still fix to it which is helpfully as room is limited.
I was looking at the normal bike table before I saw this lift, my workshop is long and thin and wouldn't have had the room for a table lift anyway and with this lift when I'm done I can hang it up on the wall out of the way?.
It did take a while to sort-out and fix the small bandit to the bike-lift mounts. Now setup the lift works very well and life lot easier now with the bike in the air.                      

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:03:22 PM by Unique »

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »
Lookn good!
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »
Neat. I've never seen a lift like that before. Good find.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 11:58:36 AM »

I've just few days ago posted an update to my bike blog, in case the link below, like me, doesn't work for you form here, uses google search itself and type "Uniquedek" and should bring-up one of my post and click on newer or older post at bottom of post too move the way you wish? .

I have to say as you all known here, that this is a great forum if not the best,  :congrats: only wished I knew about here while doing my first build many years ago. I have a possible problem before I move onto the next step the chain alinement, ect. Which again this forum is all so good for!!!.

before posting my post here the link to my site doesn't show in the preview box before posting!.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:00:28 PM by Unique »

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 11:19:23 AM »
I checked out your block and photobucket today. Bike is coming along ......very nice!!!!!

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
Hi Mate

Not as fast as yours is coming along, mine being to pickup the pace?

Thanks for all info :thumb:

I've gone with 45 teeth..

I had email many companies with few replies and even fewer who were able to help. So often when i came cross company that look good I find they were in the USA by the time I add p&p and possible tax it would blow it out of the water.
I could have gone on looking but wanted to wrap this part of the build up and as I had found three companies who were willing to help and whom I felt would do a good job.  

I cold have used 530 Rear sprocket milled down but by the time I add the cost up it came out more or less the same as have one made up. The front sprocket was much the same and a rough working out I may have been able to save £40? In the end I went with a company who will make me up one off’ offset sprocket.
The machinist I found through a local tooling shop who will machine the sprocket-hub... which I now been out too, couldn’t do the front sprocket' welding,etc. Hopefully will have the rear sprocket and chain in about a week time!!

I’ve starts rewriting some of my blog post I’ve posted in the past as I’ve reread some of the content of the post again and was having trouble reading myself let alone anyone else, so far I’ve rewritten "frame a picture" post and the hump post will be next when I get time to do so and hopefully all will read better soon!!!.  
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:07:27 PM by Unique »

Offline El Gringo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »
Hi Unique

Looking good, just seen the blog update

How much did you have machined off the sprocket carrier?

I'm just about to start putting a GSXR K4 swingarm into my 91 400.

I've also got a K4 750 USD front end to go in aswell

Cheers

Chris

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 07:36:32 AM »
Hi Chris

Sorry' Been away on a week Holiday (Vacation)

Seams TJS is still having troubles with the rear setup!... Does this mean I will? 

Will post more late today when I've got bit more time, It will be another week or more before I get the front sprocket back?. 

I used a Laser Chain Alignment tool like this one in the link   http://www.probike.co.uk/it110009.htm  , off ebay I think it was £34. Which I found very useful.. But I found the rear wheel has to be in line with the front wheel to give the best readings.   

Dek

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 11:26:01 PM »
I can't wait for El Gringo to show us How to...use a K4 swingarm!

Offline El Gringo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 07:35:57 AM »

Neither can I........ Oh wait that's me  :bandit:

Hopefully i will be pulling the standard arm out this afternoon for a measure up.

It may not work/be too much machining but i'm determined to give it a go - i think the arm can be made to fit but the chain run will be the main issue

Cheers

Chris

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 07:51:23 AM »
Hi Chris 

I was about to post this' when you posted a reply to TJS post..

I was thinking the same! ... I can see few problems straight off, which I was going to mention in my next post later when I've get it to read bit better?  Which was? .....

"I google  “GSXR K4 swingarm”   The one I saw on ebay'  the suspension linkage (dog bones mounts are not the same as the b4 setup). Are you sure Chris you can make the swingarm fit?”.....................................................

Good luck Chris' with this afternoon.

Dek