Author Topic: Unique/dek bandit 400 blog  (Read 11224 times)

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Unique/dek bandit 400 blog
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 11:28:07 AM »
What is the total width of the sprocket?  From inside edge that faces the motor to the outside edge?
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
What is the total width of the sprocket?  From inside edge that faces the motor to the outside edge?

The Clarke Calipers I have its readings varies!  (14.37)?

When I posted the wooden sample sprocket to Scott I also email him some photo as the original sprocket had some end float between sprocket and circlip and wasn't sure if there should be, Scott said some sprocket do, and once they had received all items as well as the original sprocket he would work it out. The new sprocket is a tight fit but the circlip turns freely. As I said all seams to be well!          

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:30:17 PM by Unique »

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »
I saw you chromed or polished the front forks and triples. Why not do the same to the swingarm?
As for wheels?...you can get a good finish with spray cans and sand paper. Then when you have more $$$ coming in; you can do a professional paint or powdercoat.
My $$$ got tight for a while too. During that time I just road the bike around in full mock up form. This gave me time to test all the modifications.

Polishing the swingarm is one option and one I probably will go with, which in turn will saves bit of painting' though areas that pick-up lot mud and which are hard to get too, to clean I may blow-in with some paint/clear coat’ Somehow like around the pivot areas.
Small items like the caliper half I will have powdercoate.  The wheels wont be powdercoate as there can't do what I wanted. Finishing with spray cans is something I try not to do too much of... but as a stop gap, possible?.

"During that time I just road the bike around in full mock up form"... sounds good way of testing all the modifications.

The start of July has seen a Improvement in workload :bandit: 

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »
I see the part number on the side. What bike do they list it for?

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 07:24:22 PM »
I see the part number on the side. What bike do they list it for?

My thought on the part number'...Is whether the sprocket they are makeup is a stock item or special item they stamp there own number on the sprocket so in the coming months, year's, I or someone else can look at the sprocket and give them the part number so they can find the right sprocket, I will email and ask Scott.

We're probably will all go about doing things in many difference ways and mine regards to finding the offset and the inset for the circlip was to makeup a sample sprocket which I made it in two parts so I could make many different sizes of offset to find the best one. I also used some shims that I have in stock which is for getting a right end-float on the front king pins for an old 307D van, and the shims-fitted the shaft. I knew they were probably differences between ours sprockets and is one of my difficult decision to make when placing my order with Scott, only time will tell if I made the right decision?.  
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:26:51 PM by Unique »

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 10:24:40 AM »
Scott responds, (who puts it better) email partly reads.... The part number is specific to your dimensions.

Offline El Gringo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2013, 09:17:12 AM »
Looking good Dek

I think i may be making a call to Talon shortly....

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »
Thanks to Unique's research....I have ordered one! 14T / 520 /  16mm width

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
A gamble that seam to be paying off, although I've still have a lot of work to do to make the "600 BANDIT UNDERTRAY" fit 400’ so it looks like it was made for the 400. There are areas where I've had to cut the undertray to make it fit and they're areas where the 600 undertray and b4 bodywork don't meet one another very well and again areas where there are opened spaces between the undertray and bodywork that need to be enclosed as well as a hole need to be cut for the battery carrier to be refitted and all these will need re-fibreglassing, it will? Look as good as my hump does when finished! .

I made the rear light unit during the first build and it does fit better then it looks in the photo, but it could do with some rework and maybe fit round-lights this time? I will leave the undertray for a while to have a thought about the best way forward. The mounting of the headlights is next and I haven’t so far liked all that I’ve seen on the net, so' looking to make something up to mount headlights off and meanwhile I need to order a Fibreglass repair kit probably from ebay which is where the undertray came from.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:37:45 PM by Unique »