Author Topic: gsxr exhaust on a bandit?  (Read 3894 times)

Offline RISINSON18

• TURBO TYPER!
gsxr exhaust on a bandit?
« on: July 17, 2009, 12:53:54 AM »
Hey guys,
i just got a 2006 Gsxr, i think its a 600,titanium advance exhaust system and was wondring if i found a way to attatch it some how to my bike, would it make a diference in performance on my bandit 600 '01. i got it for free so, what do you guys think? i currently have the stock in place with the bafles nocked out.

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: gsxr exhaust on a bandit?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »
I wouldn't think you could get the header section to fit, and I wouldn't recommend it anyway, since the engine are so different.

As far as the mid-pie and muffler portion goes, it would be basically the same as adding any other slip-on. You likely WON'T be able to use the GSXR mid-pipe, but you may be able to cut off the stock Bandit muffler and use just the new muffler section of the GSXR on the old Bandit mid-pipe.

Performance gains will be modest, at best, but with a proper jet kit you will pick up a few horsepower on top and fill in some of the flat spot from 4-6,000 rpm.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline RISINSON18

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: gsxr exhaust on a bandit?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »
all right!!!! now to get my hands dirty! any gain of power on my banidt is always good! especially if its free!!! :trustme:
thanks for the reply!