Author Topic: Holeshot Stage 1  (Read 4970 times)

Offline SHREDDER

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« on: December 18, 2006, 01:12:56 AM »
I just helped a friend install a Holeshot Stage 1 Jet Kit on an 03 B6 but can't get it to run right.  Any tricks or tips to tweak it just right?   :thanks:
Ride on!

Offline SHREDDER

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 01:32:25 AM »
Also I installed the #95 main jets with 2 shims per needle.
Ride on!

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 11:03:03 PM »
but can't get it to run right.

Could you be a bit more specific?
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline SHREDDER

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 01:54:36 PM »
The idle is all over the place and when you hit the gas the engine shuts off.
Ride on!

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 02:02:17 PM »
Stuck float?

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »
Double post

Offline SHREDDER

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 05:40:00 AM »
The floats looked alright when I had the carbs apart.
Ride on!

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 10:26:44 AM »
vacuum leak

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 10:33:16 AM »
Sorry if this is out of place, but I just got off the phone with Dale Walker of Holeshot Performance and found him to be rude and interruptive. I had called to ask him what he knew about the new 1250, and I couldn't get a word in edgewise to ask any questions! When I finally got to tell him that I had one on order for January, he told me my dealer is "full of crap". He also was very sarcastic and arrogant when I told him that I was willng to make my own elbow pipe to fit one of his slip-ons, telling me, "yeah, good luck with that, buddy".

I have no idea if his products are any good, but I won't be ordering anything from Holeshot now.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just not used to being talked to that way at my age (50's).

I hope you get your problems worked out, Shredder.
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline SHREDDER

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 04:48:49 PM »
My friend actually got the same kind of response from him.  I'm now suspecting it might be a vacuum problem.  I'm not certain I reconnected the hoses properly when I put the bike back together.  The damn Clymer manual shows pictures of the hoses but does not show where they go.  I don't understand how they can have a wiring diagram but not a hose diagram.   :sad:
Ride on!

Offline SHREDDER

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 03:31:16 PM »
It turned out that I misconnected some vacuum hoses.  It works just fine now!   :grin:
Ride on!

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 02:47:28 AM »
Glad to hear that you sorted out the problem.  It is amazing that most of the time, the problem is something simple.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »
The new 2007 1250 is fuel injection not carbuerators, hence there is no jet kit for it. You would have to use a programmable engine management system like a power commander to reprogram the fuel injection mapping. I'm sure the guys at power commander will offer one for the 2007 Bandit 1250 eventually. Glad you have it working.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot Stage 1
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"
Sorry if this is out of place, but I just got off the phone with Dale Walker of Holeshot Performance and found him to be rude and interruptive. I had called to ask him what he knew about the new 1250, and I couldn't get a word in edgewise to ask any questions! When I finally got to tell him that I had one on order for January, he told me my dealer is "full of crap". He also was very sarcastic and arrogant when I told him that I was willng to make my own elbow pipe to fit one of his slip-ons, telling me, "yeah, good luck with that, buddy".

I have no idea if his products are any good, but I won't be ordering anything from Holeshot now.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just not used to being talked to that way at my age (50's).

I hope you get your problems worked out, Shredder.

I have delt with Dale Walker a few times, and have always got a great response from him, He must have had a New Years hangover :beers:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki