Author Topic: IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE (UK that is)  (Read 10436 times)

Offline banditjohn

• Board Regular!
IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE (UK that is)
« on: March 21, 2012, 06:01:32 AM »
Hi from a new member in the UK (Wickford Essex), I got to hear about this site from another Bandit forum and thought I'd check it out. So just a quick hi from me and I will keep an eye on here to see how it all goes :bigok: .

Offline jra61

• Giant Squid (genus: Architeuthis)
  • TURBO TYPER!
  • Time to get Wrench'n
Re: IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE (UK that is)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:01 AM »
 :welcome: to Bandit Alley Banditjohn, Hope you will enjoy the site. Check-out the model specific forums there is a wealth of information available there. Tell us what bike your  :motorsmile:.
B12sx - Stock, My 1st Suzuki

Offline banditjohn

• Board Regular!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 05:16:21 AM »
My little :motorsmile: 1200 K/SK6 is my all round bike which has now done over 25k miles, when I first bought it was a K6 but after doing a few longer runs and getting older decided that we needed a bit of protection, as there are a not many about they only made these (K/SK6) for a year but aware the 1250/650 fairing fitted I managed to hunt one down and the same colour so bit the bullet and traveled the two hundred miles to collect it. After putting it on I then got a Powerbtonze double bubble which has worked out a treat, other little mods I have done are put a full luggage set on with the Bagster tank cover and bag, the only change to the luggage was I made was to increase the top box size to carry more luggage. other mods include K&N filter, 350mm end can, 40mm jack up (rear) braided hoses, rear hugger, belly pan, engine crash bars, renthal bars, DL hand guards, viper custom seat with gel front and pillion. Other than that the only change to the drive line was to put a smaller sprocket on the rear so it wasn't revving quite so high for the longer runs, that bought the revs down by 500 rpm which made enough of a difference with still being able to pull away without slipping the life out of the clutch. So that's about it for my bike, be lucky and ride safe  :thanks: for the :welcome:

Offline jra61

• Giant Squid (genus: Architeuthis)
  • TURBO TYPER!
  • Time to get Wrench'n
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:15:50 AM »
Hey, Sounds Great... Pictures we love pictures!
B12sx - Stock, My 1st Suzuki

Offline banditjohn

• Board Regular!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 04:49:06 AM »
OK I'll try and work out how to post pic's then, if this works it'll be a miracle :duh:

This is before fitting the fairing which some might prefer but when you've got to get miles under your belt when touring really gives you're neck some

And now after searching for a mk3 fairing finally found one two hundred miles away last year and it's great to cruise without getting your head ripped off :thumb:

Along with jacking the back up the only mod was mirror extenders and double bubble screen as being 6'2" still caught the wind in the middle of the crash helmet  :grin: .

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 06:51:31 PM »
Good looking ride.   :welcome: to forum.  Do you have the big suzuk,s over there? 1400cc, air/oil cooled.  sandy from mid michigan, us   :welcome:
Fast? yes I'm fast, like a tortoise

Offline banditjohn

• Board Regular!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:31:21 AM »
Mine's the 1200 so still a bit of a baby I suppose  :beers: