Author Topic: 2007 BOSS Spring Rally?  (Read 44696 times)

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 11:43:01 PM »
I SAY WE GO OLD SCHOOL AND HIT THE SAN RAN AGAIN!!lol robbinsville. the popeyes girl is probably still looking for a set of brothers(with her one good eye!) i will try to make it this year. the third week of may is fine by me also. my vote is for t.w.o. its nice and peaceful there except for when we arrive there. i am open to new places as well so lets get some date locked down and narrow it down to say three places to vote on? so you wanna ride down again Kent? roamr quit riding down a few years back. heck if i can get a small trailer by then i may trailer it down with the vee-dub. and sleep in the car on the side of the road on 129???

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Riding Down
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2007, 09:43:11 AM »
Hey speedy, I'll be riding down unless someone has room on a trailer or in their truck. If my work schedule stays the same I'm planning on leaving Thursday morning and not having to be back at work till the following Tuesday night. I don't think I'll be camping,if I ride down,I don't have the room on the Hayabusa to carry enough stuff to camp.
   As soon as the weather breaks I'll be getting the 'Busa. I sick of the freezing weather and ready to ride. Hey, there is no longer a Popeyes in Robbinsville. It was gone when me & the wife went thru Robbinsvile last year. :beers:
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2007, 07:28:36 AM »
Where is Robinsonville on the map? Havn't found it yet. Also, what does TWO stand for, I was looking for something to click on to see where it is. As long as I'm asking questions, what the hell does BTW stand for?I still havn't figured it out over the yrs :?:
     (just a dumb tilesetter), Dan :lol:

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2007, 08:24:59 AM »
Ahh, here it is, I foud Robinsville. Just down the ridge from where we were last yr.

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2007, 12:43:28 PM »
TWO stands for Two Wheels Only motorcycle resort in Suches, GA. Nice place to stay, good food and nice folks. I think BTW means ,by the way.

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2007, 04:50:49 PM »
Mike, Kent, I'll be riding down this year. I'll be departing Tuesday night at around 11pm. This sound good to you guys? It should be light when the roads start to get interesting. Get to wherever were staying bout 9-11am. Get settled in, eat, then go riding. Who needs sleep :beers:
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 11:20:24 PM »
ah  :roll:  i was thinking of leaving around 4 am and getting there around 6 pm and hitting the good stuff on the way down? then when we get there unpack before dark settle in and drink some beers after the 850 mile ride down. wake up on weds and ride all day long?!!

mike

roamr you feeling ok? thinking about riding down you sure your feeling ok? LOL! trailer trash :stickpoke:  where were you when me and kent rode down in the freezing cold a few years back?
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 11:30:05 PM »
if i ride down i am looking to get a system like this for the rally. looks to be nice stuff. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/922/243/
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »
So lets see, we have TWO,Iron Horse,BRMCampground. Is there any other places to thow into the hat? Was there another in Robinsville?

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2007, 11:22:46 PM »
there is the microtel in robbinsville, new and modern but not so good for a get together. the phillips motel is also there same thing no place to sit around and shoot the crap at night. and then there is the san ran. clean, homey and has a covered  overhang we had the first boss rally there, and a fall rally. i am open to anyplace. as long as there are good roads near by.

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline hollylmh

• New user!
BOSS/BAR 2007
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 01:33:41 AM »
There is a campground off 28 just east of Robbinsville.  I'm going to be at Barber's Ap 20-22 for the AMA races, sure would hate to have to hang around the area for a month -- just like Burr Rabit did not want to be in that briar patch!!  TWO would be OK also.

ex BaditWing2
Burgler 650
Laban M. Hollingsworth

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2007, 06:15:44 AM »
While looking on a map, 28 looks just as inticing as the dragon's tail. So does 143.I'll have to pick up a better map, that picks up the smaller roads as well.

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2007, 10:57:51 PM »
28 is a great road, nice and off the main roads not as much traffic. newer pavement last time i was on it but its been a few years?! so what is the general feel? t.w.o. or somewhere else. i am gonna try to make it where ever it is.  lets get a date and location nailed down so i can put in for vacation at work. right now i am looking at 60+ hours a week till after easter. need to put in now or soon to get time off. this means i have to train someone to do my job while i am gone which takes time. so lets get a move on and pick a place to meet up at. my vote is for t.w.o.
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 10:05:57 AM »
Date, Place, and B 4 the site goes down again!

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit Alley Rally, The BAR
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 05:05:50 PM »
Here's the plan, Roamr,Speedytriple, me & maybe a few other riders from Ohio will be arriving at TWO, in Suches,GA. on Weds. May 16th. We are planning on staying until Sat. or Sun. Anybody else that can make it, COME ON DOWN!!! We'll be riding,BSing & maybe doing a little Drinking! I don't think any of us will be on a Bandit.
 Smooth operator are you going to make it? Hope to see as many people as possible! The more, the better!