Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 251352 times)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #600 on: November 15, 2007, 03:58:28 AM »
I think part of this was promoted when the question was brought up at MAXZUK and suddenly a few of the lost follow the yellow brick road back.

boy,.. that must be making griff happy,... anyone have a link?  I'll say something official.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline willo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #601 on: November 19, 2007, 08:14:48 PM »
Thanks for the Email Stormi, haven't been able to access site for months.Never said a lot but really appreciate all the help and info + just a bloody good read. Graham :taz: :taz:

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #602 on: November 20, 2007, 02:09:15 AM »
Welcome Back Graham! 
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline AtlBanditMan

• Board Regular!
« Reply #603 on: November 20, 2007, 10:22:53 PM »
Well Dam I'm glad to fine the group again. Its been sometime since I have seen everyone. Glad to be back. For those who may remeber or may not I had the 04 bandit 1200S

So that was the bike as it was before I went on a weekend trip to Deal's Gap. In fact it was the same weekend the group had the trip to Two Wheels. Anyway On May 20 last trip up the Tail. I got in to a accident. I ran head on with a GoldWing. I was Dam lucky to be alive after that. Long story short about the accident is a crossed lanes and hit him. This is what was left of the Bandit.

So I am better and back up on my feet. With a rod in my leg. But being 6 month later and I am back at work and walking with no help. So a side from the accident. I got a new bike this pass weekend. Its a 03 Bandit 1200N. So Im going a new way with the Bandit this time. STREETFIGHTER.

So this is my new bike.

So glad to see the group back and look forward to talking with you all.

edit: mod edited to make the images work.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 01:02:23 AM by stormi »

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #604 on: November 20, 2007, 11:28:38 PM »
Holy Smokes AtlBanditMan!! :shock:

That does NOT sound like a lot of fun. Glad your back and hope your recovering well.

Glad to see you still have the Bandit bug...

:welcome: welcome back. :welcome:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 01:02:53 AM by stormi »
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #605 on: November 20, 2007, 11:35:26 PM »
Well I wish I could say I recall both of you but I was gone for a while myself and welcomed back, so here's a little ditty so sum things up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PeU_l7EM0w

Offline wilinfla

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #606 on: November 21, 2007, 02:14:18 AM »
I found this site from the Sport Touring Forum, I just picked up a 2007 Bandit 1250S last week and I am loving it. I have been riding street bikes since 1973, the rest of the stable consists of 99 Harley Heritage, 76 Honda CB550K, 76 Suzuki GT500, 05 Harley Sportster (wifes), 06 Suzuki SV650 (wifes) and 74 RD350 (wifes). I live just North of Clearwater Florida but I plan on moving to North Georgia in 3 to 5 years and ride full time  :grin:. I am looking forward to getting some good advice on here for my new Bandit.

WIll
Will

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #607 on: November 21, 2007, 11:47:02 AM »
Cool, sounds like you have quite the herd and a new B1250 to boot, and always nice to here there are wives out there that like to ride. Anyway welcome and congratulations on the new 07. You'll have to take a picture of them all together and post a pic for us.

I found this site from the Sport Touring Forum, I just picked up a 2007 Bandit 1250S last week and I am loving it. I have been riding street bikes since 1973, the rest of the stable consists of 99 Harley Heritage, 76 Honda CB550K, 76 Suzuki GT500, 05 Harley Sportster (wifes), 06 Suzuki SV650 (wifes) and 74 RD350 (wifes). I live just North of Clearwater Florida but I plan on moving to North Georgia in 3 to 5 years and ride full time  :grin:. I am looking forward to getting some good advice on here for my new Bandit.

WIll

Offline wilinfla

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #608 on: November 21, 2007, 04:21:01 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. I am enjoying the new Bandit a lot. I had today off and the weather was sunny and in the low 80's  :grin: I managed to get in a 149 mile ride today with some nice twisty roads thrown in for fun. I am really impressed with the 1250S, my friend was on a Dyna Glide, he couldn't even think about keeping up on the twisty roads. I almost felt bad when I reminded him that I am still breaking it in and I can't go over 4500 RPM  :wink: I'll try to get a group photo and post it. Thanks again.

Will
Will

Offline Heyu

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #609 on: November 25, 2007, 12:54:47 PM »
Hi I am new to this forum been watching from the sidelines for a bit. I bought an 07 1250 this year and have had a blast ever since, I am in Prince George B.C Canada and like to ride every chance I get. I used to ride alot in the 80's but took about 15 years off to raise a family now it's me time and I am having a blast buying parts and modifying my toy. I used to ride, build, dragrace, roadrace and sporttour but now am only interested in riding, modifying, dragracing and since I am old and slow (according to my son) only doing a few trackdays in between going to all the supercool places I've seen on these websites. There is so much information on these websites and great people that I wonder how we did it in "the old days". So I am happy to be here and look forward to each discussion.
 I am  interested in meeting up with other riders in Alberta and B.C just to see new places and great roads I have a friend in Athabasca who I meet for coffee/lunch in Jasper(400/km away) each year.
 MY bike:07-1250 Blue                                 
            Two-Bros carbon slip-on            GPI                   
            TFI box                                   Holeshot handlebar rises
            Airbox mod                              Galfer front lines
            Holeshot fork brace               
            Speedohealer                           This winter:  Taller windsreen
            Mirror ext.                                                  Corbin or sargent seat
            17 tooth cs sprocket                                    Nelson rigg bags
                                                                            Penske superbike front fork conversion
                                                                            Penske rear shock
                                                                            Continental Sport attack tires

After all is done it should be perfect! btw I am not good with computers!

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #610 on: November 25, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »
Hey Heyu

Welcome to the site. Nice to hear from someone else in BC. We are always looking for more Bandit riders to join up on our rides. We managed to get a few rides going in 2007, and hope for the same in 2008. Mostly a fair bit south from you. (for only being 1/2 way up BC, Prince George is sure a long way north!)

Most of the guys who got together in 2007 are in their 40's and 50's, so you will fit right in. Hope we can get together in 2008. Stay in touch...

:welcome:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 12:00:51 AM by pmackie »
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #611 on: November 25, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »
 :welcome: :congrats:

Offline bonanaza

• Board Regular!
« Reply #612 on: November 27, 2007, 03:55:30 PM »
Hi everyone. I am a new member here after lurking for a while.
I just bought a '97 1200 after a 25 year hiatus from motorcycles. I looked long and hard and eventually found my bike on craigslist at a good price. I live in the Chicago suburbs and mostly ride locally, however the bike went down to Tennessee in my brother-in-law's trailer a few weeks ago and I was down there for Thanksgiving. We went to Deals Gap last Tuesday and the entire trip from his house to the Gap and back confirmed my decision to get back into bikes and that I also chose the right bike to get back into the sport with. I haven't had this much fun in years!

The bike is dead stock with 31,000 miles on it. The previous owner did a great job maintaining it. I will be switching to steel brake lines before the spring and will probably change out the fork springs as well. Soft saddlebags are on the Christmas list  because we are planning a Lake Michigan circumnavigation next summer ( motorcycling, camping, and fly fishing.... Can it get any better? I don't think so.  :grin:)

I would like to go with a different exhaust system too ( something with a little more growl to it ) but that is going to have to wait.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #613 on: November 27, 2007, 04:41:11 PM »
 :welcome: banana....za  :motorsmile:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Grizz

• New user!
« Reply #614 on: November 29, 2007, 05:33:12 AM »
  Just found this site not long ago. Hope to be getting a lot of Bandit info. I have a 05 B12S that I bought used with 3000 miles on it. Bought it because current funds did not allow me to buy what I wanted and this was going to be a filler bike until I could free up some cash, but after 6 months, 12 states and one iron butt ride I am starting to bond with the old Bandit.