Author Topic: Where have you ridden?  (Read 47084 times)

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Where have you ridden?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 11:35:30 PM »
I'm genuinely impressed by how far some of you have managed to ride. I'm not going to bother putting up a map...as really a several provinces doesn't look very impressive. Here's the keeping my union job and thereby vacation...and eventually filling in those little blanks.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline Pillage

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2008, 02:49:43 PM »
I'm genuinely impressed by how far some of you have managed to ride.
It's all relative.  Some of the FOGs (Fast Old Guys) on this site, started riding before the roads were paved.   :wink:   :grin:
FZ1000S,  GSF1200SV,  CB750F
Support the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

Offline willo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2008, 08:10:28 PM »
My map wouldn't have as many states but I've ridden in most of them  Graham :aus:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 01:01:51 PM »
I'm genuinely impressed by how far some of you have managed to ride.
It's all relative.  Some of the FOGs (Fast Old Guys) on this site, started riding before the roads were paved.   :wink:   :grin:

But riding horseback for the Pony Express doesn't count for the map.  :lol:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline longislandbandit99

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 06:41:53 PM »
Unfortunately I've only ridden Long Island and Connecticut roads.  I always wanted to trailer the bike someplace and ride the state but never got around to it.  Once or twice I came real close to riding to Maine during my summer vacation up to the family cottage but the threat of consecutive rainy days squashed that.  I never even got up to Americade in Lake George.

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 09:23:48 PM »

I really don't the time or the expertise to criticize any one's gear that they have spent their hard earned money on. I do know that I had a little get-off around two (2) months ago and I was wearing a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket and their 5.0 ballistic pants. Don't ever think that they don't offer protection. They do. If I had not had the gear on the road would have cut me a new a__hole. It tore and scraped the hell out of the ballistic material on the out side of the jacket and wore all the way through the CE armor that I had in the elbow on the right side. Imagine what I would of looked like had I not had on the terrible Joe Rocket gear...banditone1250s... :yikes:
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008, 10:00:01 PM »
I'll have to update my map!  Just got back today from 2,200+ loop across TN, into VA, WV and OH, and then back across KY.  That adds WV, OH and VA to my map, although I've lived in each of them before. 
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Ray Mooney

• Watch their mirrors!
  • Board Homesteader!
  • A man's got to know his limitations.
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 11:18:44 PM »
I've lived in California the whole time I've been riding seriously. Rode my Vmax down Hwy 1 from Washington to San Diego about 10 years ago. Goofed around in Texas as a teenager, but I only included that so I could show something besides the Best Coast.  :grin:

Ray Mooney
'07 Bandit 1250S

Previous bikes: '03 Vmax, '01 Bandit 1200, '99 Bandit 1200, '97 Vmax, '82 Yamaha Seca 650

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 06:24:49 PM »
  Well the only thing that I have to add since last post is that a friend of mine and I rode to Indianapolis last year for the MoToGP race. We did a little country riding up in that area but spent, as expected, most of our time at the race track. The race itself was certainly burdened by the weather as that's about the time that the hurricane got to that part of the country and the wind was unbearable and it rained all the way to Indy (from Nashville), the entire time that we were there and all the way back with the exception of about one hour when we got  little closer to Nashville. Valentino Rossi won the race but the Kentucky Kid lead for most of the race. It was fun but it will have be more fun this year with the hope of some better weather...Banditone1250s...

There is a thin line between fear and respect...Feel free to drift across it every now and then...
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline Ves

• Board Regular!
  • Yes, but Why?
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2010, 03:19:38 AM »
Great idea!  A great trip planning tool too, since I'm sure most people here would be happy to share tips and experiences about the places they have ridden.
 :beers:
You're in Tampa? Neat! I'm just north of Tampa, south of SR 54 and east of SR 41. I ride with the Southern Cruisers even tho they're mostly Harley. They have expressed amazement that the Bandit will loft the front wheel without major provocation.

So, if you're in my neighborhood, I'd like to meet up with you at some convenient place and perhaps we can ride together. Just name the place and the time.

Herb
1999 and 2007 Bandits