Author Topic: bandit 1250 new exhaust  (Read 21633 times)

Offline nmto0777

• New user!
bandit 1250 new exhaust
« on: June 12, 2008, 10:07:24 PM »
Alright, hi everyone. after years of no motorcycle i just cracked again and bought that new 1250 bandit (not the abs one).
love it so far after 400 miles in 4 days.
fantastic motorcycle but there is one things i do not like, that is the exhaust sound.
i guess i have been spoiled with my saleen mustang driving it every day and now i feel that motorcycle does not get justice with the exhaust rumbling. it is very weak and not reflecting the bike fantastic power and torque.
so i am opening to each of you opinion, i want to find an exhaust that does rumble when you rev it up and sound deeper.
suggestion, recommendation? can the original can can be opened and silencer removed? (although look like the screws at the end have welding spot point to keep them in place).
please advise, there is soo many exhaust on the market, i just want to spend the $$ wisely and get the right tune the first time.
thank you
nick

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
Re: bandit 1250 new exhaust
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:54:07 PM »
One word Holeshot, makes it dead simple to do, stands behind his product and tailored to the Bandit

:beers:

ippo

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 01:23:45 PM »
I haven't replaced my exhaust, but I did buy the double bubble shield, and mirror extenders from Holeshot.com and I'm lovin' 'em.  Holeshot has two basic exhausts, a touring model, and a sport type model (can't remember the name), both come in shiny chrome, or black. 
However, Dave doesn't like the center stand, and didn't include a center stand stop (like the one on the stock pipe).  So, you'll need to get the center stand stop kit if you want to keep yours.  I like mine, and when / if I replace my exhaust I'll buy the kit.

I think Lurch had the two brothers exhaust just put on his bike so you may want to ping him about that one.
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline bngboyd

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »
One word Holeshot, makes it dead simple to do, stands behind his product and tailored to the Bandit

:beers:

I agree, can't go wrong with Holeshot and Dale's excellent service. Holeshot is also in the process of making the headers available. I have also had a Yosh can which has a great rumble too. When I get a can for my new 1250 it will be with Holeshot. Dale is a Bandit expert, check out his site and what he is doing for the 1250's......

http://www.holeshot.com/

Oh and  :welcome:
Bob
Redding, Ca.

2007 Bandit 1250S Non-ABS Black
2005 Bandit 1200S Yosh RS-3 Slipon (Wrecked!)

Offline ago.on.2wheels

• New user!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 11:39:48 AM »
I've always used Yosh on all the Suzukis I have owned - currently have a carbon fiber slip on on my Bandit.
Love the look and the sound - not too loud but very deep.

Offline salvate

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »
I just recently installed the scorpion stainless steel oval on my '07 1250s. The sound is deep from the idle and up thru the lower RPM range. Once you get around crusing Rpms 2500-3500 it mellows out in volume unless you crack on it and then it screams pretty nice. You can almost call the throttle your volume control. Got it for $299.00 from pipecity.com and they charged $0.00 for shipping. The mid pipe for this can has the centerstand stop welded on it so you dont have to loose the centerstand unless you want too. My only complaint was I was expecting to get a Chrome hanger with it and got a black carbon fiber one, which I'm starting to like over chrome anyway since my bike is the Red and black paint scheme.
Proud owner of a
2007 Bandit 1250s

Offline Ray Mooney

• Watch their mirrors!
  • Board Homesteader!
  • A man's got to know his limitations.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »
Thumbs up on the Scorpion oval.  :thumb: I just installed it as well. Nice rumble at around-town speeds, but not too loud, and a huge improvement over the stocker. And it's got a mean growl whenever you're on the throttle. Some decel popping because I haven't blocked off the PAIR valve yet, but it's minimal and I don't really mind it. And you can't beat the price at $299 from pipecity.com with free shipping.

(I also got the black carbon composite strap. I called pipecity about it and they said Scorpion changed it about six months ago. I actually like it, but I have the faster black bike.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:45:10 PM by Ray Mooney »
Ray Mooney
'07 Bandit 1250S

Previous bikes: '03 Vmax, '01 Bandit 1200, '99 Bandit 1200, '97 Vmax, '82 Yamaha Seca 650

Offline pondingie

• New user!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 10:04:42 AM »
I put a Staintune on.  I've had Staintune on several different bikes.  Never a problem.  Interesting side +, it seems to have cleaned up that 2500-3000 rpm leanspot.  Maybe it's just the cold weather.  Anyway, this Staintune is just about the neatest application I have ever seen.  None that of hanger bullshit to mess with.  I can't handle the carbon fiber look.  I run the thing with the baffel in and it's a nice purr.

Offline mi1lertm

• Ride it like your Dad bought it for you
  • TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 03:23:03 AM »
If you look at the stock header you will notice that it needs to be ported.  It has a inlet around the inner pipe and will restrict air flow.  The HS header is very nice and sounds good with my Yosh TRS.

Mark

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:28:04 AM by mi1lertm »
2007 B1250
HS full stage 2 W/4-2-1 header & K&N
Renthal ultra L/R bars
Yosh TRS/HS fork brace
Skidmark DB, 46T rear sprocket (+3)
Ohilns 715 rear shock

Offline rmedmonds

• Board Regular!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 10:09:08 AM »
I'll put my two cents in for the Holeshot.  I bought the 17" black can and no longer have the people I ride with ask whether I've got the engine on or off (let alone the stock can is as big as a house).  You do need either the Holeshot center stand stop or the hardware store option mentioned in a different thread.  It's a quick an easy install, even if you do the center stand option--less than a half hour for the semi-mechanically inclined.

I didn't spring for the power commander, so I've got some decel popping, but the Holeshot people are very friendly and accommodating.  I have to mail through the APO/FPO system, but Dale and his family were quite willing to work with me (and quick).
R.M. Edmonds
'07 Red 1250ABS

Offline mi1lertm

• Ride it like your Dad bought it for you
  • TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »
All you need to kill the decel popping is a rubber stop (looks like a wine cork) and place it in the PAIR system to stop the air into the pipe.  Look at the hole shot site and you will see what I am talking about.

Mark
2007 B1250
HS full stage 2 W/4-2-1 header & K&N
Renthal ultra L/R bars
Yosh TRS/HS fork brace
Skidmark DB, 46T rear sprocket (+3)
Ohilns 715 rear shock

Offline tango59

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 11:34:37 PM »
Yosh TRS with or without the baffle sounds great and you don't have to worry about the centerstand stop.