Author Topic: Power Fist or Actron Brake Bleeder & Vacuum Pump  (Read 14942 times)

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
Power Fist or Actron Brake Bleeder & Vacuum Pump
« on: August 15, 2009, 10:04:22 PM »
This item known as the Actron brake bleeder is also available at Princess Auto ( for Canadians )
under the Name Brand Power fist. Yes they generally retail for about $50 CDn, But they now have them on sale for $29.95. :motorsmile:

I was looking at Crappy tire for their one man brake bleeder $10 contraption, but then looked at "Parts Zone" for their version at $79.95 as i wanted something more substantial. I'm glad I kept going to Princess Auto, as although they also have the Crappy CDN tire version, they also have several others too. I got my Power fist version ( Actron ) for $29.95.

Power Fist or Actron brake bleeder.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:11:53 AM by Snubnose »
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline r_outsider

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Power Fist or Actron Brake Bleeder & Vacuum Pump
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 04:54:36 AM »
I picked one of these up over the winter, worked really well. The only problem is the rubber boots that come with it are a bit flimsy, I managed to tear a couple while doing the brakes on my poor old truck.

Offline asskickinpeanuts

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Power Fist or Actron Brake Bleeder & Vacuum Pump
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 03:38:25 AM »
I've prolly had mine 10-15 years.  And, just used it to change the clutch/brake fluid on my 2001 Bandit (prolly first time for it).  I've used it on all my vehicles.  TIP: remove the brake bleeder bolts and wrap teflon tape around the threads.  Air gets sucked in past them otherwise.  Afterward, the fluid is almost a continuous column, instead of all the bubbles.  And don't let the fluid get into the pump (keep an eye on the spent fluid container!).  It can ruin the check valves.  But they are rebuildable with the rebuild kits.  (Don't ask).
2001 Bandit 1200S
the sum intelligence of humanity is a fixed quantity.  The greater number of people, the less intelligence per person (and I resemble this remark).
If it's too loud, you're too old.