Author Topic: USD FORKS- Finally finished and tested.  (Read 7233 times)

Offline 400runner

• Board Homesteader!
USD FORKS- Finally finished and tested.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 03:33:24 PM »
Doqq wrote
WOW! so what kind of "CUSTOM FABRICATIONS" did you have to do or was it basically a direct fit? I've been thinking about doing a '93 front end conversion but this looks so much nicer.

The CUSTOM FABS were the healight brackets that fit into the forks, The front fender, and the mirror brackets. The mirror brackets were a bit tricky. But if you want to try I can give you  step by step info. It involves destroyin the old upper triple. I also had to re position the steering stopers and the steering lock. I think I might have to drop the radiator because my turning radius has increased. but not by much so I might just leave it as it. Oh yeah and I am now using I bicycle speed until I get the stock one extended to fit the rear wheel. But now I think I will wait until I get an SV rear wheel.[/quote]

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 03:44:19 PM »
Oooooh!  A guinea pig to try an SV wheel!  I can get one pretty easily/cheaply (with some decent 160 track rubber).  I've wanted to give that a shot but been too consumed with all the other stuff I'm doing to try.  Please let us know how that goes!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline stripes1976

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 09:36:24 PM »
alternatively why not use a 73a braced swinger from the sp or the rgv250 banana or braced swinger! They all take a 160 rear!
Looking good mate!

Offline doqq

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 10:59:48 PM »
you have a gsf400 am i correct?

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 02:39:08 PM »
Looks good, although I would have tried to make a GSXR 750/1100 wheel fit. That way you wouldn't have two different rims and you'd have a working speedo. If your turning radius has increased, why not decrease it to the stock value so you can leave the radiator as it is?

Offline 400runner

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 03:30:38 PM »
Doqq wrote:
you have a gsf400 am i correct?

Yes it is a gsf 400. But everyone mistakes for a 600. It look big.

Herr todd wrote
Looks good, although I would have tried to make a GSXR 750/1100 wheel fit. That way you wouldn't have two different rims and you'd have a working speedo. If your turning radius has increased, why not decrease it to the stock value so you can leave the radiator as it is?

Well thank you for the compliment. Yes I was goin to go with a 1100 front end but I prefered the look of the the gold forks. I bought a very cool looking 05 triple clamp for $7+$5 for SH. Can't beat that price.the 05 clamps do not line up with the rotors from the 1100 you speak of. And the axle from your choice 1100 wheel is way too small for the fork, Too much trouble and $$ to make it work. As far as rear mis-match wheel I will use an SV650 wheel that will match, which will also give me a larger tire and I am waiting for the longer speedo cable that will run from the rear wheel so that will not be an issue. for now I am using a Bicycle speedo that is more acurate than the stock.  Now the radius is only a problem if I have to manuver in tight spaces. Very rarely does that happen. The problem is that the lowere triple hits the radiator, so either I move the radiator down about 1" (About 10mm) Or grind the clamp which will make it useless. If you have any sugestions that will make it work without doing either of the two I have mentioned I am listening. I would love to fix that very minor problem if you have a solution. :beers:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 08:28:39 PM »
there is no rear wheel mod that directly fits you will have to line it up with spacers maybe get the sprocket carrier milled to line up the chain , but it will fit in with out haveing to change the swingarm!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 08:33:59 PM »
Quote from: "Herr Tod"

you mean 750,1000 and you will never get it to work there is not enough on the sprocket carrier to mill to line up the chain. you have to have a custome rear sprocket made at $80.00 a pop i dont think you all wanna do that!
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 01:46:08 PM »
No I mean 750/1100. I was talking about the front wheel.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 02:01:34 PM »
ok yes you can get them to fit!