Author Topic: sprockets and tires  (Read 6565 times)

Offline crashoverrideplik

• Board Homesteader!
Re: sprockets and tires
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »
Really?  I've never heard anyone say a negative thing about Shinkos.  On of Bandit Alley's longest running threads is all about loving Shinkos.  I have a couple friends running them, even on the track and they're happy with them.  I wouldn't hesitate to give them a shot.
[/quote]

Yea man I know lot's of guys who run them because they are cheap. Kinda like running a cheng chin tire if you have been around bikes for a long time. What I have experienced in the past with cheap rubber is that often you get what you pay for - which is usually not very much. However, I do know guys who run their shoot out tire on high HP Busa's that like them for straight line stuff, but no one I know runs them for running curves or track days.

I ride on the street the exact same tires that I race on, Pirelli, Diablo Super Corsa's. So I might be a bit biased on tires. But...when I tried the Shinko's, I could spin up the rear almost at will out of corners on my GSXR 750 and I couldn't lean as far as I do normally because the tire would go away in the rear or push excessively in the front. They never gave me any confidence that I wasn't going to be thrown down the track especially at any speeds above 100 mph or at full lean.

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 12:06:41 AM »
I'm running Shinko 009s now front and back, and while they may not last as long as a PR2 might, they are darn good, and half the price (seem like it anyway).  I haven't been afraid to lean into a curve at interstate speeds on either the Shinkos or the Pilot Road 2's. 
As a matter of fact the Shinkos I'm running now tend to need less checking by the air gauge than the PR2s did.  I was constantly having to keep tabs on air pressure with the pr2s, but since putting the 009s on, I haven't filled them nearly as often.
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline Guido_Brasletti

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Bandit 400 limited
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 08:03:47 AM »
dang i know i looked on the faq here and swear is said 150/60. Now i wish i would have really looked at it. Im 6ft i could use the height, feels little small sometimes.  Just had a hard time finding a set that was 110/70 150/70 in my price range.

I am 1,86m (or about 6ft1'' or 6ft 2'') and I have a 150/60. You will need to change at least the rear spring as the stock one is way too soft. Try changing, if you can, the whole rear shock unit with a longer one which will increase ride height as well. You will find a lot of info about what fits in the forum.

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
got the tires on and it rides awesome. feels way smoother then those old tires. Still need to get them over the 100 mile mark but they don't feel slippery at all.

Front tire balanced awesome but the back was odd. Didn't want to balance without more weights then id like i guess. Cant seem to tell though rides really smooth. Glad i got tires when i was going to hold off this year.