Author Topic: Is It Just Mine??  (Read 5838 times)

Offline JamesBanditVV

• TURBO TYPER!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 01:50:39 PM »
Could you let me know on this post how it goes please, and if it works what is te cdi part number cheers
Is it just me or are some car drivers out to kill us???

Jack-Up Kit, Headlight, New O-ring Chain, End Can, Indicators, RGV Rear Shock

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:10 AM »
well this new cdi i got which was 1 a 10d30 does not work its bust. So im sending it back to where it came from. But i can confirm that the m-max box does remove the power limiter in 5th and 6th gears. As before i had the m-max on it would stuggle to get above 100mph in 5th or 6th. Now it'll pull easily to 115mph uphill i havent had a piece of road long enough to test it yet as i live in the countryside and the roads round here are crap loads of twisties which is great for the b4.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 03:47:51 PM »
Just to add to the fun i have just been reading the manual on testing the CDI apparently it has a limiter built in at the factory at 13500rpm+ or - 50rpm But from what i can tell ive got an american manual not a japanese one so cant be sure. JAmes as your bandit is a vv it might be that your vv unit is not working properly so your only running on 8 valves which would stop you revving.

Offline JamesBanditVV

• TURBO TYPER!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 05:48:11 PM »
i have previously checked the operation by removing the side caps and watching the cams twist, so they are operating. i will get a m-max and see what happens but money is tight at the min so will just have to put up with my 11800 lol cheers though  :grin:  by the way is yours the NON VV model???
Is it just me or are some car drivers out to kill us???

Jack-Up Kit, Headlight, New O-ring Chain, End Can, Indicators, RGV Rear Shock

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 11:08:05 PM »
Quote from: "JamesBanditVV"
i have previously checked the operation by removing the side caps and watching the cams twist, so they are operating. i will get a m-max and see what happens but money is tight at the min so will just have to put up with my 11800 lol cheers though  :grin:  by the way is yours the NON VV model???

I have 2 of these box's not m-max but still the same one is new one is used . whats a new m-max cost? I'll sell you the mew one for half that plus shipping.
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 05:17:01 AM »
My bike is a non vv. And watch out jay are you sure they fit the vv? Cause as you know the vv cdi has a different plug on it.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 05:17:31 AM »
And a new m-max box would be about $80

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 05:23:13 AM »
Can i buy the used derestrictor jay? if its for the 3 wire model that is.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 11:28:52 AM »
ok well hows $50.00 shipped and it is for the dual plug cdi box with three wires not the single plug cdi .
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol