Author Topic: Running problem.  (Read 1964 times)

Offline greatmoorred

• Board Homesteader!
Running problem.
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:03:23 AM »
My B4 generally is running quite well, but i have noticed after a 'spirited' run up the bypass or nice clear A road, when i come to a junction or roundabout it wants to cut out. I can give it a few revs and keep it going and after a minute or two of normal riding its good as gold again.
Whats going on ? Anyone else get this.

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
Re: Running problem.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »
Hi greatmoorred

ive just taking the carburetors off my b4 to clean, because the throttle response and idle were all over the place, as i haven't been out on it lately.

after refitting them, did't do much good i was about to take them off again when i thought i try, tin of carb cleaner,

spary into the carb throat with ignition off let to soak in for a while, then start the engine and spary into the carb throats again, throttling as you do so.

which seams to have done the trick!! on my B4 but ive not yet finished put ever thing back together.
after fitting the carb back on the first time i thought the throttle cable was the fault, but after disconnect cable from the carb found it not to be. 

i had my tank and airbox off at the time, and this is better, then sparying through the airbox 

dek

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Running problem.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:10:51 PM »
Mine has done that from time to time, I think it might just be from running a smidge rich. I put in the "summer" jet of 107.5 so we'll see if it helps.

It hasn't done it in a while but it never affected anything, just a random cut-out every now and then.