Author Topic: Introduce your Bandit  (Read 148666 times)

Offline tanito87

• New user!
Re: Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »
Gianluca (tanito87),

Here's a bit of advice regarding the Bandit's carbs:  The Mikuni BST carbs are notorious for worn emulsion tubes (the holes in the soft brass emulsion tubes get worn into an oval shape by the harder metal of the needles). 

Your Bandit, with 35,000km on it, almost certainly has very worn emulsion tubes.  You mention that the bike "needs a rejet (excessive amount of fuel)".  Well, worn emulsion tubes cause excessive fueling.

The Mikuni corporation views the emulsion tubes as a "consumable" item.  In other words, this is a component that regularly requires replacement as part of normal maintenance throughout the vehicle's lifespan. 

We occasionally get owners here on the forum who are desperately trying to tune Bandit carbs by setting everything to "factory original specifications" and they still end up with an over-rich pig.  If you want to re-set your Bandit's carbs to factory original specs you almost always have to replace the emulsion tubes.
oh well, thank you very much, i will try to get those (and if can get a complete rebuild set) along with factory pro needles due to the K&N panel filter

Offline DunkTheBandit

• New user!
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2015, 07:25:06 PM »
Here's my 1991 UK B4, 30k on the clock, fair bit of history and every mot from new, standard apart from GK73 GSXR front end the exhaust.

Offline t6nis

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »
So, my B4.
Not a lot to talk about. Got it, it was rubbish, built it over a couple of years, got it running. Now need some tweaking with the carbs and she should be good to go.

Offline tonnes10

• New user!
    • TimOnnes
« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2015, 06:07:49 PM »
Here's my '93 250ZP Limited! Complete with my very special cable-tie choke cable and electrical tape covered wing mirror mount :P

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:09:25 PM by tonnes10 »

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #244 on: April 14, 2015, 12:15:32 PM »
I don't like fairing at all especially on older bikes, but for some reason I'm really digging that old skool caferacer fairing on the bandit.

Offline bdouvill

• Everybody
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2015, 05:54:47 AM »
Here's my '93 250ZP Limited! Complete with my very special cable-tie choke cable and electrical tape covered wing mirror mount :P

I did not notice that before, but are the footpegs/mounting brackets original and specific to thei Ltd version?
Benoit.
Bandit 400 1992, 1st bike.

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »

The very same B4 as I posted before, now with half the km on clock more than what she had when I bought her. I made half of kilometers of all the previous owners in 22 years together in less than two years. And yes I still like her and am not even thinking about replacing it for anything more powerful.
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A

Offline Gouraami

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #247 on: September 21, 2015, 08:36:53 AM »
Looks in great condition still  :thumb:
Project: Suzuki Bandit 400 Limited Edition, either a '90 or '91 needs a lot of TLC

Offline fast al gordo

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2015, 04:48:23 PM »
Recent ebay purchase...

91 GSF Bandit VC 36K Kms on the clocks, all stock as far as I'm aware..

Issues so far...
  • Rough Lumpy Idle
  • Refusal to Idle below 3k RPM until fully warmed up
  • Front Calipers seized
  • Cam Chain Rattle
  • Really Tappity Top End

My list of thing to do so far...
  • Rebuild front brakes (They're getting sent of to Powerhouse for full re-furb)
  • Check Valve Clearances
  • Replace O-Rings and Balance Carbs
  • New Spark plugs (Bike came with CRE9Ks)
  • Replace Air Filter
  • MacGyver something to enable easy adjustment of the throttle stop screw, so idle speed can be easily set

There is some good points
  • Tank seems fairly rust free
  • Cam Chain Stretch is within tolerance
  • Cam Chain Tensioner is still working properly
[li]
[/li][/list]

I woulda added a picture inline if I knew how[/list]

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2015, 05:01:37 PM »
looks nice, black rims fit pretty well with limited color scheme. is the U shaped white line along airbox cover part of coloring or is the thin factory color film already scratched down?

FYI these carbs do have adjustment screw extender on the left side of carb rail. Your's must have missing them. It should be easilly obtainable and/or McGyverable  given the fact it is one bent steel wire and one dremell-type extended screw...

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2015, 05:09:13 PM »
Been on here so long.. but never "introduced my bandit"...

So here goes..  :grin:

Going strong for 6 years, almost 85.000km (about 45.000 mine)

:motorsmile:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:12:20 PM by Squishy »

Offline fast al gordo

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »
looks nice, black rims fit pretty well with limited color scheme. is the U shaped white line along airbox cover part of coloring or is the thin factory color film already scratched down?

FYI these carbs do have adjustment screw extender on the left side of carb rail. Your's must have missing them. It should be easilly obtainable and/or McGyverable  given the fact it is one bent steel wire and one dremell-type extended screw...

It's part of the coloring, the adjuster is missing. Was planning to weld a nut to throttle screw and use a flexible socket extender to adjust.

I did find somewhere in the States that had an OEM one for $45 but they wanted $170 for shipping!!

Offline Gouraami

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #252 on: November 17, 2015, 06:41:18 AM »
Hey fast al gordo, Nice looking limited edition you have there  :congrats:

It must have had an engine swap though as '91's didnt have VC motors, they were only introduced in '93 according to what I have read

Squichy - Wow, she looks in great condition! A mate of mine had that exact same one (except the exhaust, but same colors etc) during high school
Project: Suzuki Bandit 400 Limited Edition, either a '90 or '91 needs a lot of TLC

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #253 on: November 17, 2015, 07:11:41 AM »
Squichy - Wow, she looks in great condition! A mate of mine had that exact same one (except the exhaust, but same colors etc) during high school
Thanks ;).

I have to admit though.. normally she's not that clean... Only wash once a year.. Those white rims are impossible to keep white for longer than 1 week  :rofl:

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2015, 05:46:45 AM »
go buy a good supply of toothbrushes. and be happy that you have only one rotor at the front  :trustme: