Author Topic: Is It Just Mine??  (Read 5840 times)

Offline JamesBanditVV

• TURBO TYPER!
Is It Just Mine??
« on: May 30, 2007, 07:25:30 PM »
Hey Guys, i was reading a few old posts and have been wondering before but ive seen people say theyve been over 100mph on theres??? Now i used to reach 100mph just before the engine toped out but with a 160/60 tyre on i get a lil bit less, but my main concern is it will only rev up to about 11,500-11,700 and thats it in every gear. i was wondering if anybody elses did this or just mine. people have mentioned they get 12,500  :shock: , i want that extra 1000 lol can anyone exsplain?? cheers
Is it just me or are some car drivers out to kill us???

Jack-Up Kit, Headlight, New O-ring Chain, End Can, Indicators, RGV Rear Shock

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 01:44:59 AM »
Quote from: "JamesBanditVV"
Hey Guys, i was reading a few old posts and have been wondering before but ive seen people say theyve been over 100mph on theres??? Now i used to reach 100mph just before the engine toped out but with a 160/60 tyre on i get a lil bit less, but my main concern is it will only rev up to about 11,500-11,700 and thats it in every gear. i was wondering if anybody elses did this or just mine. people have mentioned they get 12,500  :shock: , i want that extra 1000 lol can anyone exsplain?? cheers

Is yours the 2nd generation 'V'?

My 1st Gen will (relatively) comfortably go over 12.  From memory I can get about 14-15 before she starts to struggle.

Offline JamesBanditVV

• TURBO TYPER!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 03:50:20 AM »
No its a 1st Gen, 1992 Japanese import model. could it be the carbs not supllying enough fuel to get the revs higher?? or is it just a profile of the cams? or does it have a rev limiter that could be permenantly stuck on? any help appretiated cheers guys

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:03:24 AM »
Quote from: "JamesBanditVV"
No its a 1st Gen, 1992 Japanese import model. could it be the carbs not supllying enough fuel to get the revs higher?? or is it just a profile of the cams? or does it have a rev limiter that could be permenantly stuck on? any help appretiated cheers guys

Hmmm. Almost exactly the same bike as mine, then.

Clip-ons?

I might have to take mine out for a blat. Just to confirm my earlier comment.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 05:10:32 AM »
Jap imports were restricted is the problem you have i think. And the only way at the moment for it to be derestricted is to buy a m-max derestrictor  or similar.

Offline JamesBanditVV

• TURBO TYPER!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »
Yer it has clip ons, and would a UK spec CDI Solve the problem, ive seen a few quite cheap??

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 05:58:16 PM »
I cant say if a uk spec cdi will solve your problem.

Offline JamesBanditVV

• TURBO TYPER!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 09:22:54 AM »
I dont know if i remember correctly but wasnt there a thing mentioned about being able to change a few wires on the CDi to deristrict them (a bypass)???? cheers for everyhitng so far

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 11:18:59 AM »
I thought i'd found a way to disconnect the gear sensor wire and take it to earth to make it more powerful in the higher gears but now after more testing and the purchase of an m-max derestrictor box ive still got a rev limitier at 13800ish rpm and its not fuel as my jetting is spot on.

Offline JamesBanditVV

• TURBO TYPER!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 01:33:25 PM »
:shock:  i would love to hear 13800 from mine lol. and for £50 plus p+p for the m-max you cant go wrong if you get that outta it. did you mean you got 13800 earthing the wire off or after you bought the box?

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 05:43:35 AM »
I got 13800 before either one of those. It revved to 13800 before anything i was trying to get it to 15000

Offline JamesBanditVV

• TURBO TYPER!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »
does anyone have a few pictures or some info or diagram on the wires to try and earth out my switch??? i have a wiring diagram so if anyone could tell me what to do with what wire it would be appretiated, cheers guys

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 07:34:18 PM »
where does the mmax hook to? i thought it just got rid of the speed restriction not the rev limit i have to cdi progressors from japan that are supposed to do this.  or find a 2 wire cdi and the harness mine revs to 15000 rpm 15500 to be exact. I want $35 pounds posted for either one
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline JamesBanditVV

• TURBO TYPER!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 07:10:22 AM »
i think its just plugs into your cdi, then your origional plug that used to go into the cdi plugs into the m-max (i think). if there limited to 111mph ten mine wont even be touching the limiter as it doesn't reach that, but with the extra revs that im after i thnk it would. and on the m-max site it says that it lets the engine rev al the way through the redline, wich mine doesnt even reach at the moment lol

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Is It Just Mine??
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 07:15:15 AM »
m-max plugs to the cdi and then the original cdi wires plug into the other side of the m-max. Ive got a new cdi coming which is supposedly one which allows revving to the redline so im going to try that next. But my bike definately pulls over 110mph at the moment with the m-max installed it didnt do that before. But my bike wont rev to the redline maybe my jettings out but when ive done plug chops it looks perfect.