Author Topic: G2 brake caliper emergency  (Read 2463 times)

Offline ttewejnodnarb

• Board Homesteader!
G2 brake caliper emergency
« on: February 08, 2006, 12:41:14 AM »
I'm installing 6 pots from a G2 and I am wondering if they will work without #7 on the fiche...I think the pad spring is incorporated into this cover that didn't come with the calipers I bought.

Should I plan on running to the shop to purchase the part before I start?  I'd like to get them done tomorrow.

Thanks!! :beers:
Brandon
98 B12S

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 12:47:14 AM »
Well just to be safe if you're going to run without it and not sure if it's entirely nessesary I would give myself extra room for braking and brake with BOTH front and back so if the front goes you still have the back under braking to compensate. Even a seemingly in-consequential brake part may be critical. Be carefull untill you know for certain it's not nessesary.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline jeepskate99

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:41:29 AM »
#7 is a shim to hold the pads from rattling while not in use.  You really don't want t go without them.  The rattling will wear at the pads slowly and be annoying/embarrassing everytime you ride.
There are no stupid questions,  only stupid people asking questions!

Offline ttewejnodnarb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 08:59:14 AM »
Thanks guys...I'll call the shop this morning and see if they have it n stock.
Brandon
98 B12S